Slackware xxgdb broken?

Post by jh.. » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I've RTFM'd for the answer, but didn't find it.  Please excuse if this
is a FAQ.

Is there a bug in Slackware's xxgdb?  I installed Slackware on my
box, tried to debug a program, and got "doubled up" characters.  Along
the lines of:

  GDDBB iiss ffrreeee ssooffttwwaarree aanndd yyoouu aarree ...

and so on.  This makes it really hard (impossible) to debug programs.

I've tried to dnload the source to xxgdb, but can't get it to
compile.  Can anyone help me?  Maybe someone out there has a properly-
working ELF xxgdb to send me?  (BTW, I tried running the xxgdb from my
really old Slackware 2.2 CDROM, but it crashed.)

Thanks.

--

Manager of Information Systems            | fax: (612) 934-8727
------------------------------------------+--------------------------

Manager of Information Systems            | fax: (612) 934-8727
------------------------------------------+--------------------------
VISTA INFORMATION SOLUTIONS               | formerly DataMap

1. SUMMARY: xxgdb broken in Slackware

Many thanks to those who emailed me in response to my question.

As promised, here is a summary of the responses, so that anyone else
with this problem doesn't need to ask...

Yes, xxgdb under Slackware is broken.  You will need to fetch the
sources and re-compile your own.  Get xxgdb-1.12. It compiles out of
the box on Slackware ELF 3.0.  Thanks to Klamer Schutte and everyone
else directing me to xxgdb-1.12.

Others also directed me to sunsite.unc.edu in the "devel" directory,
to get the xxgdb-1.08 source and patches for Linux.  Sorry, but I have
your addresses at my other account.  This version of xxgdb compiles
cleanly (after applying the deltas.)  There's a README in the "devel"
directory that tells you how to do this.

Thanks to everyone on the 'net who helped me.  Who says a free OS
doesn't have as good of product support?  Linux is great!

--

Manager of Information Systems            | fax: (612) 934-8727
------------------------------------------+--------------------------
VISTA INFORMATION SOLUTIONS               | formerly DataMap
--

Manager of Information Systems            | fax: (612) 934-8727
------------------------------------------+--------------------------
VISTA INFORMATION SOLUTIONS               | formerly DataMap

2. redhat 6.1 + win2k +internet connection sharing = good clean fun?

3. perms on xxgdb and loading SO's in xxgdb

4. killing background processes when using 'login'

5. Xxgdb broken?

6. F keys ?.. only F6!

7. perms on xxgdb and loading SO's in xxgdb

8. Need help with pppd please

9. ELF version of xxgdb is broken???

10. xxgdb problem Slackware 3.0.0 . Help.

11. xxgdb 1.08 in Slackware 3.0

12. Make broken, top broken, flock errors, kernel modules broken

13. 2.5: ieee1394 still broken, vesafb still broken, ipv6 still broken