HELP: Has anyone been successful in compiling Xmfract on a Linux box?

HELP: Has anyone been successful in compiling Xmfract on a Linux box?

Post by amadeu » Fri, 26 May 1995 04:00:00

I have been working for a couple weeks on trying to port xmfract which, if you
are unaware, is a motif implementation of fractint much like PMFract for OS/2
or WinFractint.  It states very clearly in the readme that the program is not
gauranteed to compile on anything other than a SUN.  -So if you are tired of
all this compatability with BSD and SysV and need something to crunch your
teeth, I sure could use your help.  I have actually gotten the program to
compile but end up with a segmentation fault after the window appears.

        Thank you for any help,
        Thomas Marsh

BTW, This is a motif application, so you must have motif installed.

1. Has anyone been successful in porting Xmfract to Linux?

I have been working for a couple weeks on trying to port xmfract which, if you
are unaware, is a motif implementation of fractint much like PMFract for OS/2
or WinFractint.  It states very clearly in the readme that the program is not
gauranteed to compile on anything other than a SUN.  -So if you are tired of
all this compatability with BSD and SysV and need something to crunch your
teeth, I sure could use your help.  I have actually gotten the program to
compile but end up with a segmentation fault after the window appears.

        Thank you for any help,
        Thomas Marsh

BTW, This is a motif application, so you must have motif installed.

2. kernel version

3. I am having a problem with sort on a solaris 2.6 box using ksh

4. NT/Slackware 3.4

5. Anyone successful in compiling mod_auth_mysql in RedHat6.0?

6. iptables redirect problem

7. Is here anyone successful compile midnight commander at solaris?

8. How do I remove a hard drive?

9. Help I am having OOP problems in Linux

10. Trying to compile gtkwave on Solaris 7 box, with GCC 2.95, having no luck.

11. Help: Am I the Only one in the world having problems installing SR5

12. I am having fun with Slack, but need help with DHCP setup

13. Anyone having trouble compiling yacc with -O ?