Help about read access on NTFS parition

Post by Cyril Bério » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I mount a NTFS parition on /mnt/donald and i have read access for the root
user
But i can't access to it when i login as a simple user.
I tried to change the right with 'chmod 444 /mnt/donald' but it doesn't
work.
I tried to change the owner with 'chown' but it doesn't work
How can i access to this partition in read only access as a simple user?
thanks

1. Mounting NTFS Paritions With Kernel 2.2.5

Okay. I installed RH Linux 6.0 on my machine today, running kernel
2.2.5. I know that under kernel 2.2.x, it is possible to mount NTFS
partitions. How? I am assuming that this does not come turned on by
default in the kernel. How would I get my system to recognize NTFS
partitions, and would I then just go and mount it normally?

E-mail replies would be preffered, although I will check back to see
if anyone responds.  Many many thanks in advance.

Matt Singerman

http://www.pitt.edu/~messt66/

2. Linux Ftape HOWTO

3. Read access on NTFS volume to ordinary user?

4. setting up a lvs cluster in rh6.2

5. Parition vs Logical Parition

6. debugging shared libraries with gdb

7. Access linux parition from windows

8. PPP

9. NFS mount of Linux parition always READ-ONLY

10. can Linux read and/or write to NetBSD paritions?

11. REQ: Help with accessing NTFS files system from RH 7.3 Win2K dual boot system

12. Accessing Windows Paritions from Linux

13. help on making linux parition