SCO compatibility

Post by Mishturak Rusla » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 04:08:25

I have some questions.
I dewelop my application on SCO system V op.sys.
It is a library in COFF format. When I convert the library to ELF format
for my Linux home workstation and I linking with compiled *.cpp file I
receive error messages "can't link-relocation problems". Segment problems?
What I can resolve?

Post by Phil Frisbie, Jr » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 08:05:03

> I have some questions.
> I dewelop my application on SCO system V op.sys.
> It is a library in COFF format. When I convert the library to ELF format
> for my Linux home workstation and I linking with compiled *.cpp file I
> receive error messages "can't link-relocation problems". Segment problems?
> What I can resolve?

Why not take the source code home and compile it there on Linux?

--
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Hawk Software

SCO compatibility

Post by Mishturak Rusla » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 19:07:33

For some libraries I don't have sources.
Is there a good converter COFF -> ELF with Linux compatibility.
My Linux 2.9x compiler can't produce COFF format files.
Must I reconfigure or download a new compiler?

> > I have some questions.
> > I dewelop my application on SCO system V op.sys.
> > It is a library in COFF format. When I convert the library to ELF format
> > for my Linux home workstation and I linking with compiled *.cpp file I
> > receive error messages "can't link-relocation problems". Segment
problems?
> > What I can resolve?

> Why not take the source code home and compile it there on Linux?

> --
> Phil Frisbie, Jr.
> Hawk Software
> http://www.hawksoft.com

SCO compatibility

Post by Markus Kossman » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 01:15:30

> I have some questions.
> I dewelop my application on SCO system V op.sys.
> It is a library in COFF format. When I convert the library to ELF format
> for my Linux home workstation and I linking with compiled *.cpp file I
> receive error messages "can't link-relocation problems". Segment problems?
> What I can resolve?

Please give more information. Can you post a snippet from your source code
and the resulting error message ?
If the COFF library was written in C++, I see only a very small chance to
get that running because COFF library and your code has to be compiled with
compilers with same ABI. And g++-2.9.x ( btw: redhat 2.96 or the official
release ?) is only ABI compatible to itself.

If the COFF library was written in C: Did you mark the function calls from
that library, which you are using in your C++-code as "extern C" ?
--

1. SCO compatibility (robust?)

Hello,

I was wondering about the extent/reliability of SCO emulation in
FreeBSD.  I am interested in running Oracle 7 on my FreeBSD box and they
don't offer a native version. They do, however offer a SCO OpenServer
version, and since FreeBSD offers SCO binary compatibility, I should be
able to run this one, right?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  I can download a trial
version for free, but at the expense of a 142MB download and future
salesperson contact, I'd love to hear what you guys think about it in
advance.

Thanks,
Sean

2. Packet Capture -- how to initiate?

3. sco compatibility

4. Apache hacked - Hackers put mails via invalid URL

5. SCO compatibility with PCI Bus

6. Here's a funny security story for you

7. Xenix/SCO compatibility

8. Apache and index.html (on Red Hat 6.0)

9. SCO COMPATIBILITY

10. SCO Compatibility?

11. SCO Compatibility with System Commander?

12. SCO compatibility?

13. How do I know if iBCS (SCO compatibility) is loaded