serial port data acquisition without data loss?

serial port data acquisition without data loss?

Post by Jim Part » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

A group in my lab wants to write a data acquisition program running under
Linux with a Tk/Tcl interface. The data will be coming in the serial port
at 19.2 kbps, and we need to ensure that there won't be any data lost,
no matter what else the user is doing. Can this be done under Linux? If so,
how? Is it already taken care of with hardware interrupts for the serial port,
so that it is read out before its 16 byte buffer starts being overwritten?
Does the process need to have its priority put at an especially high level?

Thanks very much. Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Jim

1. Data Acquisition using linux with [Data Acquisition Processor] DAP

Hi
Can Anybody Suggest me how to start off with  data acquisition
progamming in c on linux ,using the DAP card ....it would be kind if
someone let me know some websites which guides how to start
programming or some sites where examples are there .........i have
done  data acquisition using Graphical Language and i want to try in
linux using "C" ........i also want to know how to interact with the
DAP card

can any body please give some guide lines

thnax
james

2. Geforce2 Go and Linux?

3. Serial port data loss

4. Advice: NT Service vs. Linux Daemon??? Which is easier?

5. Help: Sol.2.4 - data loss on serial port?

6. Formatting a floppy with unix

7. How to copy data from serial port to a file (data logging) ?

8. Sun Solaris on Dell Dimension 4100?

9. 2.4.19-rc1,2 + ext3 data=journal: data loss on unmount

10. Transfering Linux to another hard drive without loss of data

11. Any way to convert UFS1 to UFS2 without data loss ?

12. Adding an existing IDE Disk (FreeBSD) to OpenBSD 3.0 without data loss.