Terminal emuator for DEC vt300 and DEC vt320 under Linux

Terminal emuator for DEC vt300 and DEC vt320 under Linux

Post by Nicolas Pettiau » Mon, 11 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

        I have looked with crawlers like Yahoo and Altavista for
Terminal emuator for DEC vt300 and DEC vt320 under Linux but without
success. As far as I noticed, the usual emulator (like xterm, rxvt, kvt
...) only emulates DEC vt100.

        Does any of you knwo an hint about what I am looking for ?

        Thanks to let me know by mail  as I do not have a frequent access to
the news .

        Thanks for the help.

        Nicolas Pettiaux

Nicolas Pettiaux     Service de Mathematique de la Gestion, CP 210/01
ULB, Campus Plaine   Boulevard du Triomphe, B-1050 Brussels - Belgium

Post by T.E.Dicke » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

:       I have looked with crawlers like Yahoo and Altavista for
: Terminal emuator for DEC vt300 and DEC vt320 under Linux but without
: success. As far as I noticed, the usual emulator (like xterm, rxvt, kvt
: ...) only emulates DEC vt100.
depends on what you need (and why).
The XFree86 3.3.2 xterm supports ANSI color and VT220 emulation
There's an faq at
        http://www.veryComputer.com/
        ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/dickey/xterm

(DEC terminals subset: vt52/vt100/vt220/vt320 - so you may not need a vt320,
or then, you may - depends)

--
Thomas E.*ey

http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. dec vt320 terminal

hi,

i want to connect this dec terminal (serial) to my linux sys, but i'm not
certain which wires to connect to each other. i heard 4 wires is sufficient
(gnd, rx, tx and some flow control signal). is that correct?

grtz, arthur

2. Weblogic - Too many open files - FAILURE

3. Function Keys on Dec VT320 Terminals

4. X-windows hang after switching to VC

5. DEC VT320 + Linux box

6. Incidencia del filtro

7. getty and DEC vt320 on Linux

8. Modems

9. DEC vt320 --> linux boxen

10. Linux olvwm under DEC OSF/1 / DEC UNIX?

11. Any DEC VT320 emulation available?

12. Full termcap for Dec VT320

13. Dec vt320 Termcap and Terminfo?