LINUX AND FINANCE

Post by Rei Shinozu » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:56:40

i keep reading about the inroads linux is making in finance, like at
merrill, bear, CSFB, but i never see hiring in these areas.  i'd love
to hear what people are doing, and how they integrate into the windoze
front ends that ubiquitous on trading desks these days.  thanks

-rei

LINUX AND FINANCE

Post by C2F4 » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:48:48

> i keep reading about the inroads linux is making in finance, like at
> merrill, bear, CSFB, but i never see hiring in these areas.  i'd love

Do you see anyone else hiring in any other areas :^) ?
Those companies probably already have more employees familiar with UNIX
than they could handle.
There is no growth in the UNIX market, unfortunately. Just a conversion
of proprietary UNIXes to open UNIX systems that are cheaper to operate.
Windows used to create jobs I think, I was so buggy it should have :-)
Quote:> to hear what people are doing, and how they integrate into the windoze