eql (load balancing) - /etc/ppp/ip-up HELP Please!

eql (load balancing) - /etc/ppp/ip-up HELP Please!

Post by dav.. » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have successfully created load balancing (bonding modems together
under the same IP) on a Linux client that dials into a Linux server.

One of the scripts calls for automatic invocation when ppp is
established.  On the client side, I can invoke the script in the
/etc/ppp/ip-up  side and it works great.

BUT, I need to invoke a script on the Linux server side, the one that
receives the call.  It appears that   /etc/ppp/ip-up   does not run when
ppp is established, this on the server or receiving side.

What I need to do is trap the following enviroment variables to pass to
the script.

interface-name  tty-device  speed  local-IP-address   remote-IP-address

Is there another file that is invoked on the server side when a ppp
session is established  that has these variables passed to it that I can
use to rerun another script?  The man pages for pppd did not shed much
light on this, and I am wandering in the dark now.

Help anyone?  Would be much appreciated. . . .

david

1. load balancing - /etc/ppp/ip-up Help Please!

[...]

2. Using a UUCP hub for Internet Mail

3. load balancing - /etc/ppp/ip-up Help please!

4. Can/Should I allow zone transfers(?) in BIND?

5. load balancing - /etc/ppp/ip-up Help Please!

6. Multiple NIS domains

7. PPP working, /etc/ppp/ip-up not working, HELP Please

8. WindowMaker & themes

9. EQL LOAD Balancing with dynamic PPP connection

10. PPP with EQL load balancing works for RX but not TX

11. PPP working, /etc/ppp/ip-up not working, HELP Please

12. pppd: /etc/ppp/ip-up /etc/ppp/ip-down: Exec format error