How to generate double-spaced outputs in LaTeX

How to generate double-spaced outputs in LaTeX

Post by Chi-Jang Hua » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

    Is there any way to generate double-spaced outputs in LaTeX?
    Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

    --Chijang Huang.
=========================

Post by Preston Bro » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Hi,

:     Is there any way to generate double-spaced outputs in LaTeX?
:     Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Put the following into your*preamble:

\linespread{1.6}

It will give you a good approx. of double-spaced output.  Vary that
constant and use xdvi to get the results you want.

      If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice -- RUSH

Post by Joe Ma » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>: Hi,

>:     Is there any way to generate double-spaced outputs in LaTeX?
>:     Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

>Put the following into your*preamble:

>\linespread{1.6}

>It will give you a good approx. of double-spaced output.  Vary that
>constant and use xdvi to get the results you want.

>      If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice -- RUSH

There is a doublespace.sty file which I've used for several years to
make draft copies of text. I don't know where I got it, but there
is (was) a*archive site

pip.shsu.edu:tex-archivemacros/latex/contrib/misc

the teTeX distribution also has a doublespace.sty although
I have not used it (presumably it is the same one).

If you don't have any joy with these two sites, e-amil me
and Ill send you the one I have.

        Joe Mack

How to generate double-spaced outputs in LaTeX

Post by Eric Richard Keit » Fri, 01 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I've got a question w.r.t. overloading (is that the right word?) the matherr
function.

In a code of mine, I've added the following function:

#include <math.h>

matherr(struct exception *info)
{

        if(info->type == DOMAIN) {
                fprintf(stderr,"Math DOMAIN error detected.\n");
                exit(0);
        } else
        return 0;

Quote:}

Ordinarily, if I get a domain error, the program doesn't stop, but
continues running, giving domain error warnings to the screen.  I need
to have the code stop if that happens, which is why I added the above
function.

This function works fine in Borland C++, as well as whatever version of
the Gnu C++ compiler we have on the HP workstations at work.  However,
when I try to run it at home on Linux, it doesn't work.  I'm running
Linux Universe, distribution 1.2.13, with Gnu c++ version 2.7.0.

The error I get with linux basically says that type DOMAIN isn't
recognized, and that I'm implicitly defining the info structure.

Is there something equivalent that *is* defined in this version of g++?

Is there something else I can do to stop the program when I get a
domain error. (other than hitting cntl-c, that is).

PS I'd prefer an email response to the address listed below, but I will
check the newsgroup, too.

thanks,
Eric