C - Crosscompiler for generating dos programms

C - Crosscompiler for generating dos programms

Post by Ulrich Eckhard » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

is there a C crosscompiler out for linux, which can
generate 16 Bit MS-DOS programms ?

I have found bcc 0.14.5, but it can generate only
small model code and hasn't got far pointers.

Thanks
Uli
--

http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de
                                        Lagerstra?e 11-15 A8

C - Crosscompiler for generating dos programms

Post by Frank Mil » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>is there a C crosscompiler out for linux, which can
>generate 16 Bit MS-DOS programms ?

>I have found bcc 0.14.5, but it can generate only
>small model code and hasn't got far pointers.

There is a version of the djgpp compiler that is supposed to do this,
though the original purpose was to compile under DOS.  Try checking:

        http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/

        -frank

--

Post by Ulrich Eckhard » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> >Hi,

> >is there a C crosscompiler out for linux, which can
> >generate 16 Bit MS-DOS programms ?

> >I have found bcc 0.14.5, but it can generate only
> >small model code and hasn't got far pointers.

> There is a version of the djgpp compiler that is supposed to do this,
> though the original purpose was to compile under DOS.  Try checking:

>         http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/

Hi,

thanks for the info, but the 16-Bit version of djgpp
doesn't support far pointers too.

Uli
--

http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de
                                        Lagerstra?e 11-15 A8
                                        64807 Dieburg Germany

1. DOS crosscompiler under Linux?

I have a small problem. I want to compile C++ programs under Linux
that I can run under DOS (Yes I know it is a stupid thing to do).

I have tried Microsoft C/C++ under dosemu but it complains about
DOSX32 - DPMI host does not have 32-bit interrupt extension.

So I guess the DPMI handler needs a bit work before it will work.

Does someone know of a compiler for C++ that will work under dosemu or
is there a crosscompiler for Linux or sun that will work?

-Magnus.
--
                               ,,,
                              (o o)

snail: Magnus Hammerin          ! University of Linkoping, Sweden
       Elauto, ISY              +----------------------------------------------
       S-581 83 LINKOPING       ! Why use desktop publishing programs when
       Sweden                   ! there is POSTSCRIPT!?!

2. XFree86 3.2 and ASUS PCI-V264GT

3. compiling dos exe's from linux?--crosscompiler or djgpp/dosemu.

4. Hello, asking for help

5. DOS program to check CRC32 generated by CKSUM?

6. Upgrade AIX4.1.5 -> 4..3.xx

7. Porting lex and yacc-generated code to a PC-AT running DOS (ugh!)

8. cd rom hitachi 8x (cdr7930)

9. DoS attack generated from our server - help

10. Generating list of system generated passwd

11. why passwd generated by my program is shorter than that generated by passwd program

12. MSDOS Crosscompiler Help

13. PPC crosscompiler building using cygwin