Pay more than $199 for Kylix Desktop Developer?

Pay more than $199 for Kylix Desktop Developer?

Post by Anonymo » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:38:14

Did you pay more than $199 for Kylix Desktop Developer on one of
Borland's "specials"?

I did.  I bought my copy from the web site for $799.  Then in late
July, I see they are selling exactly what I bought for $199.  I was
very, very upset.  So I did some calling around, and I got a refund
for the difference: I got $600 back from Borland.  Any you can too!

If you bought Kylix Desktop Developer for more than $199 FROM THE
BORLAND WEB SITE and you want a refund for the difference, call
1-831-431-5512 and ask to speak with Matt Gentes.  PLEASE be nice to
him, really.  He was very nice to me and helped me get my money back
quickly and easily without giving me a hard time.  When you call have
your original purchase information handy (invoice number, the email
address you used at the time you bought the order, and a credit or
debit card he can credit the money back to).  You can also call
1-800-331-0577, and it will take a little longer to get to Matt.

PLEASE GET YOUR MONEY BACK AND SPREAD THIS MESSAGE, so Borland will
know they can not*their customers any more.

Please do not email me for details: call the phone number and get your
money back instead.

Post by Anonymo » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 07:02:58

[...]

1. Pay more than $199 for Kylix Desktop Developer?

[...]

know they can not screw their customers any more.

Please do not email me for details: call the phone number and get your
money back instead.

2. Advice on connecting LINUX with NT servers

3. Preventing Logins with HOME=/

4. Borland drops Kylix Desktop to $199 'till Aug 23!

5. installing RH6.1 w/out 1.44 FDD/CDROM

6. Walmart's $199 PC.

7. Xemacs and XpmFree

8. $199 Linux computer is dead

9. news: Oracle $199 web device, runs on linux, not windows

10. Alpha PCI64 board and 275MHz chip, $199 - Any interest?

11. 5.1SCSI FAST SCA $199 6.4GB new IDE 4 $225 flat

12. Fys's $199 Linux 1.3 Box