Graphics Programming question..

Post by FrankRizz » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Guys, I am VERY new to Linux, but will be writing a game
soon.  Can you guys recommend a place where I can pick
up a bunch of graphics libraries, or just recommend the
"Undisputed best one out there"?

This COULD be an embedded system that this game runs
on, so X could be out of the question because of overhead,
and system requirements.  Is it possible to do full screen
graphics on a "non-X" system??

(I'll take suggestions on that topic also! :-)

Graphics Programming question..

Post by FrankRizz » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

And I'm NOT interested in Xbasic..

Graphics Programming question..

Post by David M. Co » Mon, 07 Jun 1999 04:00:00

On Sat, 05 Jun 1999 21:50:31 GMT, FrankRizzo

>Guys, I am VERY new to Linux, but will be writing a game
>soon.  Can you guys recommend a place where I can pick
>up a bunch of graphics libraries, or just recommend the
>"Undisputed best one out there"?

Take a look at http://www.clanlib.org

Quote:>This COULD be an embedded system that this game runs
>on, so X could be out of the question because of overhead,
>and system requirements.  Is it possible to do full screen
>graphics on a "non-X" system??

Yes, that's what GGI is about.

Dave Cook