ncurses + 8-bit menu items

Post by Dimitris Mandalidi » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:42:04

Greetings,
I 'm trying to write a menu which will have 8-bit items (greek to be precise)
and when I do new_item("A Greek word", NULL) the latter returns NULL and as I
saw it fails when it tries to check if the item_name is printable. I assume that
it has something to do with locales but I don't know how to fix this, any ideas?

D.

PS. LC_ALL=POSIX, LC_CTYPE=el_GR.ISO-8859-7

ncurses + 8-bit menu items

Post by Dimitris Mandalidi » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:00:33

On 21 Jun 2003 15:42:04 GMT, Dimitris Mandalidis wrote

Quote:> I 'm trying to write a menu which will have 8-bit items (greek to be precise)
> and when I do new_item("A Greek word", NULL) the latter returns NULL and as I
> saw it fails when it tries to check if the item_name is printable. I assume that
> it has something to do with locales but I don't know how to fix this, any ideas?

I should have Read The Fine Manual first :-( setlocale(LC_ALL, "")

D.

1. mac2lat1 Convert 8-bit quoted printable characters to 8-bit latin1

Tue 22-Feb-2000: Wrote

 5747 Feb 22 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/unix/ts/mac2lat1
 mac2lat1 Convert 8-bit quoted printable characters to 8-bit latin1

(This means converting the = 7E type of denoted characters.)

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  procmail tips at  http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html

2. more info on 1.2.x network problem.

3. mulaw 8-bit to linear 8-bit conversion

4. what does this sparc assembly instruction mean?

5. ncurses menu items not visible

6. ip-forwarding

7. Can we remove 'Toggle Menu Bar' menu item which comes with dtterm ?

8. Concurrent login

9. Why are there items in main menu that cant be removed in menu editor?

10. 8-bit 24-bit visuals ?

11. 8-bit display on 24-bit system?

12. 8-bit ISA > 16-bit MCA, what ADF's?

13. 8-bit vs. 16 bit ISA bus port writes?