What to use to create new HTML pages

Post by Richard Wittme » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:13:56

Are their web pages editors for linux out there? What are people using?
I'd like a package that just about anyone could use with little or no
instruction. I've done the searches, but I'd like some feedback. Any
recommendations?

Rich Wittmer

Post by Donovan Rebbec » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 02:50:38

>Are their web pages editors for linux out there? What are people using?
>I'd like a package that just about anyone could use with little or no
>instruction. I've done the searches, but I'd like some feedback. Any
>recommendations?

I'd recommend a good text editor. I use gvim. Emacs is also good.
You can also use Netscape composer for doing things that need WSIWYG
( such as editing tables )

--
Donovan

Post by Dave Bla » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:33:54

> >Are their web pages editors for linux out there? What are people using?
> >I'd like a package that just about anyone could use with little or no
> >instruction.
> I'd recommend a good text editor. I use gvim. Emacs is also
> good. You can also use Netscape composer for doing things that
> need WSIWYG ( such as editing tables )

You can edit tables quite easily in vi.

I suspect that Richard Wittmet, though, wants a WYSIWYG editor,
and I'd try netscape and mozilla as pretty much the only options.

However, html is a trivial language, so Microemacs works well
for me.

--
Dave Blake

What to use to create new HTML pages

Post by Jeremy C. Ree » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 04:51:17

Quote:> I suspect that Richard Wittmet, though, wants a WYSIWYG editor,
> and I'd try netscape and mozilla as pretty much the only options.

Some other gui HTML editors to look at

bluefish http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/ (URL doesn't appear to work --
you may need to search for it)

Amaya http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

         Jeremy Reed

         http://www.iwbc.net/

Post by Nate Eldredg » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:20:29

> Are their web pages editors for linux out there? What are people using?
> I'd like a package that just about anyone could use with little or no
> instruction. I've done the searches, but I'd like some feedback. Any
> recommendations?

I've heard good things about Amaya.

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

Since it's written by the people who publish the HTML spec, it will at
least generate standards-compliant HTML, which is always nice.

--

Nate Eldredge

What to use to create new HTML pages

Post by Richard Wittme » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Thanks to all that have responded. For now, we will continue to map the Linux
Server from Windows NT using Samba. This enables us to use HotMetelPro 6.0
(please.....don't throw stones...). I have tried "CoffeCup", but I had some
problems saving changes (...core...). I will try Amaya. Thanks to everyone!

Rich

> > Are their web pages editors for linux out there? What are people using?
> > I'd like a package that just about anyone could use with little or no
> > instruction. I've done the searches, but I'd like some feedback. Any
> > recommendations?

> I've heard good things about Amaya.

> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

> Since it's written by the people who publish the HTML spec, it will at
> least generate standards-compliant HTML, which is always nice.

> --

> Nate Eldredge

1. win32 apache truncates HTML pages created with Perl

I have tested older versions of win32 Apache and latest version (1.3.9) on
win98 and NT.

On both platforms I experience unusual problems:
HTML pages created with Perl are truncated - same page is truncated at
exactly same place each time, but when I check the size of HTML output one
page is 12kb while another is 8 kb - both are truncated.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

2. To the knode people:

3. Apache truncating HTML pages created with CGI-Perl

4. IBM NetVista Monitor Setup

5. which software will create web pages in html ?

6. Remote Printing Question

7. Using Andrew to create and edit HTML docs

8. !!! Cirrus Logic Laguna GD546x and X-windows ? !!!

9. ANNOUNCEMENT: hm--html-menus-4.7 - a package to write html pages

10. Any way to get man pages into html, or html converters?

11. I see HTML tags instead of HTML pages

12. How do I add extra html to every html page dynamically

13. HTMP package hm--html-menus 5.7 - very easy to write HTML pages