C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

Post by Yuri Mironof » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

 Code Forge Inc. is proud to announce the release of:

  C-Forge v1.0 - Integrated Development Evironment

  Features
  --------

  * Project manager:
   Visual representation of project structure and component status
   using a dependency tree and a separate "desktop" area showing
   work in progress. (Changes affect other users only after the
   modules are returned back into the project).

  * Fully configurable integrated editor with context highlighting,
   auto indentation, multi-level undo and bookmarks.

  * Intuitive dragNdrop functionality enabled throughout the
   environment.

  * Ability to "import" external makefiles.

  * Revision Control System:
   Primary revision control functions performed automatically by
   the environment. (Integrated Revision Control Tool allows even
   finer control).

  * User enabled integration and configuration of external tools
   (compilers, parsers, de*s, etc.).

  * Integrated single module Symbol Browser (cross referencing)
   Tool.

  * Diff Tool (shows differences between two files).

  * Intelligent log window that displays project build output and
   "jumps" to corresponding error lines in the editor.

  * Full-featured Explorer-like File Selection Tool.

  DOWNLOAD AT:

                  http://www.veryComputer.com/

C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

Post by Tim Spen » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Please use comp.os.linux.announce in the future.

C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

Post by James Mcphers » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I tried to install CForge - but there is a _very_ bad bug in the install
script such that your /etc/inittab gets killed (made zero length) and
then the script reboots.

This is not acceptable. If you are willing to spend the time to install
it manually then it's probably a very good product. I'm not willing to
try it until the install script is re-written along unix lines instead
of windows 95/NT.

jcm
libBofh

--
 I do not speak for the University of Queensland or the University Library

Post by A. Reicher » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

: I tried to install CForge - but there is a _very_ bad bug in the install
: script such that your /etc/inittab gets killed (made zero length) and
: then the script reboots.

: This is not acceptable. If you are willing to spend the time to install
: it manually then it's probably a very good product. I'm not willing to
: try it until the install script is re-written along unix lines instead
: of windows 95/NT.

Reading through their information page left me with the impression that it
uses it's own xserver.  Is this correct?  That thought doesn't sit well with
me, I have enought trouble with X to let some other app start messing with
it.

- Alan

C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

Post by Jost Boekemei » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Reading through their information page left me with the impression that it
> uses it's own xserver.

On NT maybe, but definitely not on Linux.

Jost

1. C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

[...]

   (compilers, parsers, debuggers, etc.).

  * Integrated single module Symbol Browser (cross referencing)
   Tool.

  * Diff Tool (shows differences between two files).

  * Intelligent log window that displays project build output and
   "jumps" to corresponding error lines in the editor.

  * Full-featured Explorer-like File Selection Tool.

  DOWNLOAD AT:

                  http://www.codeforge.com

2. hot new site

3. 2.5.6 IDE oops with i810 chipset

4. Code Forge, Inc. is proud to announce C-Forge v1.2.

5. non-interactive shells

6. Code Forge Integrated Development Environment

7. virtual desktop size

8. Code Forge, Inc has just released version 3.0 of its Integrated Development Environment.

9. Code Forge Integrated Development Environment

10. C-Forge IDE v1.1-7 is out!