Not Spamming, Just telling . Big fast linux download site I found.

Not Spamming, Just telling . Big fast linux download site I found.

Post by gondo » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Found a good download site.. Really fast most the time, and quite large.
http://www.linuxcountry.com

1. find out how big a file but not download it

How can I find out how big a file is before downloading it, say from
the command line?

On http://www.confluence.org/pressroom.php it says
"The interview is available in MP3 format in high , medium or low
bandwidth versions." with 3 links.

I suppose I would use a HTTP HEAD request to find out how big they
were before deciding on downloading, but this is not a command line method.

I could start wget and hit ^C right away, but that is messy,
especially for a script.

I don't think wwwoffle can just get HEAD.

OK, I figured it out.  Can you believe I must do e.g.
echo http://jidanni.org|wget --delete-after -SQ1 -i -
I.e. I can set a quota of no less than one byte.  I must use -i if I
have only one site.  Perhaps the wget wishlist should be aware of this...
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780

2. ANNOUNCE: Amiga FFS filesystem available for Linux

3. help: spam email downloaded on linux but not on win95?

4. /etc/services on AIX

5. spam spam spam spam

6. XFree86-3.3.6 upgrade

7. Hi, need to find a FTP site to download IE4.0 for linux

8. Perl robot/ua test failure...

9. Where can I find a site to download a copy of Linux?

10. Development site/space needed. Not your typical spam =)

11. How to tell not-obvious file type at FTP site

12. Help finding a download site