SRGP/SPHIGS and gcc 2.7.0

Post by Peter F. Marto » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Ladies and Gentlemen,

QUESTION: Who in the linux community has built the SRGP/SPHIGS libraries?
If so, what system were you using and what problems, if any, did you have?

BACKGROUND: I'm working through the Foley/Van Dam graphics text and I'm
trying to build the SRGP/SHIGS libraries to follow the chapter
discussions.  I was able to build an ELF shared SRGP library
(libsrgp.so.1.0) but the SPHIGS library won't build because it changed a
typedef (for "point") given in SRGP, which then breaks the compile
complaining about changed function parameters.
   I'm trying to learn a 3-D library that I can take from my linux box to
Macs, but if I don't get this to work I'm going to junk it and start
working with Mesa or OpenGL, preferably Mesa.

   Thanks for your time.

SRGP/SPHIGS and gcc 2.7.0

Post by mschi.. » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>QUESTION: Who in the linux community has built the SRGP/SPHIGS libraries?
>If so, what system were you using and what problems, if any, did you have?

        I used this library not too long ago, but in the copy I had, the
header files in the designated include directory were obsolete and conflicted
with the code in the src directory. The header files in the src directory are
current, however, and I had no problem building it after editing the makefile
somewhat.

        Good luck.

        Merrick

SRGP/SPHIGS and gcc 2.7.0

Post by Seungseok Hy » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

: Ladies and Gentlemen,

: QUESTION: Who in the linux community has built the SRGP/SPHIGS libraries?
: If so, what system were you using and what problems, if any, did you have?

: BACKGROUND: I'm working through the Foley/Van Dam graphics text and I'm
: trying to build the SRGP/SHIGS libraries to follow the chapter
: discussions.  I was able to build an ELF shared SRGP library
: (libsrgp.so.1.0) but the SPHIGS library won't build because it changed a
: typedef (for "point") given in SRGP, which then breaks the compile
: complaining about changed function parameters.
:    I'm trying to learn a 3-D library that I can take from my linux box to
: Macs, but if I don't get this to work I'm going to junk it and start
: working with Mesa or OpenGL, preferably Mesa.

:    Thanks for your time.

Get SRGP/SPHIGS source files from sunsite.unc.edu. It's under
/pub/Linux/libs/X.  They are fixed ones that compile
without such problems. It might be good to inform the authors at Brown
about this fixed version.

Cheers,

Seung
--

1. 3 questions: glibc, sphigs, srgp

1) I run Red Hat 6.0, with glibc.  Almost all installs of the type
"./configure make make install" don't work due to compilation errors.  I
assume it's due to the glibc.  Does anybody know a way around this, or
does anybody know enough to tell me it's not possible?

2 and 3) For a programming class, I use sphigs and srgp packages.  I have
downloaded the srgp install, but the install fails due to the above.  Does
anybody know where I can download a glibc version of srgp or sphigs?

TIA...

2. Confused by release graph

3. Anyone know how to set up SRGP/SPHIGS under Linux/X?

4. Help needed - Routing table problems with ADSL/PPPoE

5. SRGP & SPHIGS in Linux ..possible?

6. PCI Card not detected? [help!]

7. SRGP SPHIGS Graphics for Linux

8. mailserver global address book