Multiple Fax Sever

Post by Darren Boyl » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone help?

I am being converted by a friend to using Linux rather than NT, since I
understand that Linux is more stable, which is very desirable for my needs.

I am constructing a multiple server fax system, consisting of 15 fax
servers each with 8 modems connected. I have found a Linux program called
Hylafax which can be found at ftp.sgi.com and would like to use this
rather than a similar product (called BroadFax) on NT.

The Linux software is great for a single user system to desktop fax, but
what the NT product offers is a way of distributing the database of fax
numbers between the 15 machines automatically.

I've been told that a fairly straightforward Perl script should be able
to add this missing feature, but I have not got a clue on how to do it
myself.

I can offer payment to anyone who can help me with this problem.

Many thanks,
Darren

Multiple Fax Sever

Post by Larry Pyea » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone help?

> I am being converted by a friend to using Linux rather than NT, since I
> understand that Linux is more stable, which is very desirable for my needs.

> I am constructing a multiple server fax system, consisting of 15 fax
> servers each with 8 modems connected. I have found a Linux program called
> Hylafax which can be found at ftp.sgi.com and would like to use this
> rather than a similar product (called BroadFax) on NT.

> The Linux software is great for a single user system to desktop fax, but
> what the NT product offers is a way of distributing the database of fax
> numbers between the 15 machines automatically.

> I've been told that a fairly straightforward Perl script should be able
> to add this missing feature, but I have not got a clue on how to do it
> myself.

Do "man rdist".  I hope that's what you are looking for.
If not, just say so.

--
Larry D. Pyeatt                     All standard disclaimers apply.

http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~pyeatt

Multiple Fax Sever

Post by j.. » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

What is broadfax?

> Can anyone help?

> I am being converted by a friend to using Linux rather than NT, since
> understand that Linux is more stable, which is very desirable for my
needs.

> I am constructing a multiple server fax system, consisting of 15 fax
> servers each with 8 modems connected. I have found a Linux program
called
> Hylafax which can be found at ftp.sgi.com and would like to use this
> rather than a similar product (called BroadFax) on NT.

> The Linux software is great for a single user system to desktop fax,
but
> what the NT product offers is a way of distributing the database of
fax
> numbers between the 15 machines automatically.

> I've been told that a fairly straightforward Perl script should be
able
> to add this missing feature, but I have not got a clue on how to do it
> myself.

> I can offer payment to anyone who can help me with this problem.

> Many thanks,
> Darren

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. hylafax multiple modems , fax ditribution

Hi,

I want to distribute the incomming fax from 2 modems on to different
lines to two win client users.
So incomming fax on line 1 should be sent by mail to client 1 and
incomming fax from line 2 to client 2.

At the moment I made an alias so both client gets fax by mail from both
lines.

How can I manage the distribution ?

Bye
Thomas

2. "NEED CASH $$$$$ READ HERE $$$$$"

3. Multiple USB fax modems

4. PERL with RedHat 6.1

5. Any fax programs available for Class-1 fax modem?

6. Increase Inodes

7. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!

8. HP's hpnp

9. Fax modems answering data calls as FAX

10. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!