port win32 COM Server to linux CORBA server

port win32 COM Server to linux CORBA server

Post by Steven Go » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 02:33:40

Hi All,

I'm looking at porting a DCE app(s) from Win32.  Bascially, the current
application(s) are comprised of a threaded COM Server which also is a
socks server, with VB clients.  I'm looking at porting it to a CORBA
server with Java Clients, (running on RH9)

I was wondering what experience people have had with C++ and CORBA in
linux, especially with Java.  My personal experience with Java in Linux
is that it's a little less robust than its Win32 and Solaris builds
(correct me if I'm wrong).

Are there any good resources about? Websites? Books?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

SG

port win32 COM Server to linux CORBA server

Post by implacab.. » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:20:03

: Hi All,
:
: I'm looking at porting a DCE app(s) from Win32.  Bascially, the current
: application(s) are comprised of a threaded COM Server which also is a
: socks server, with VB clients.  I'm looking at porting it to a CORBA
: server with Java Clients, (running on RH9)
:
: I was wondering what experience people have had with C++ and CORBA in
: linux, especially with Java.  My personal experience with Java in Linux
: is that it's a little less robust than its Win32 and Solaris builds
: (correct me if I'm wrong).
:

about java: the latest releases works better, in particular 1.4.2 is
better than 1.4.1 (atm 1.4.2 is beta, final to be released at end of june)

btw, why don't you write the server using java, too ?

1. Linux dedicated UT server vs. Win32 dedicated server ?

Hello

I have a UT dedicated linuxserver at home. The hardware is not the fastest,
but it works good for me and my friends. We can play with 2 human players
and 4 bots. The server is a P133, 64 MB EDO Ram on an Iwill P54TS Board with
an 3c900B XT 10/100 Networking Card. Do not laugh about the fast CPU :-)

Ok, I would known if a NT Server configured on the same machine with a Win32
UT dedicated server is as fast as the linux server who is installed at the
moment. Who needs more system memory. The NT or the Linuxserver ? Who has
the better networkingperformance  ( low pings, little lag ..)

is it advisable to change from linux to NT or is it better to leave the
system as it is ?

Thanks in advance
Frank

2. Kernel panic question

3. 16 Port Com card for a linux terminal server

4. Script: How to substitute a pattern in a file

5. Apache/2.0.44 (Win32) Server - how to log server entry , downloads , etc

6. Noncommercial license for old OS versions?

7. Terminal server visa 16 com port

8. What does ?? (note: 2 of them!) mean in 'ps' output?

9. Telnet Server/Com Port Emulator Needed

10. Porting a UNIX server to a LINUX PC Server

11. COM port server

12. how do I set up john@domain1.com and johan@domain2.com on same server?

13. How to set up john@domain1.com and john@domain2.com on same server?