visual basic alike and linux

Post by edu » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 21:58:35

hy group!!

is there any tool to work with linux the same way or similar as with Visual
Basic and windows?

thanks in advance!

edu

Post by Randall Hyd » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 02:58:42

>hy group!!

>is there any tool to work with linux the same way or similar as with Visual
>Basic and windows?

>thanks in advance!

>edu

Take a look at Kylix.
It's Pascal, not Basic, but that's actually a good thing.
Randy Hyde

Post by Andreas Dietric » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 04:45:20

> hy group!!

> is there any tool to work with linux the same way or similar as with Visual
> Basic and windows?

If you can live with less sophisticated GUI Builders, be sure to have a look at
python (www.python.org). Python as a programming language far encompasses VB
in ease of use and power.

hth. Andreas

--
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the
complete works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not

Post by Donovan Rebbech » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 15:35:14

> hy group!!

> is there any tool to work with linux the same way or similar as with Visual
> Basic and windows?

> thanks in advance!

If you want a tool to draw GUIs, try "designer" which comes with Qt. This
generates XML user interface files, which you can "compile" into C++ code or
python code.

Usually, one generates C++ code. However, if you want an easy to use,
interpreted language, I strongly recommend python/PyQt.

--
Donovan

visual basic alike and linux

Post by edu » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:29:01

Thanks to all... i will try them, all.

greetings

edu

Quote:> hy group!!

Post by Michele Povig » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 07:52:22

>hy group!!

>is there any tool to work with linux the same way or similar as with Visual
>Basic and windows?

"Phoenix Object Basic is a unique object-oriented RAD tool for Linux."
http://www.janus-software.com/phoenix_body.html

---
Ciao
PV

Post by max reaso » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:50:04

> > hy group!!

> > is there any tool to work with linux the same way or similar as with Visual
> > Basic and windows?

> If you can live with less sophisticated GUI Builders, be sure to have a look at
> python (www.python.org). Python as a programming language far encompasses VB
> in ease of use and power.

> hth. Andreas

> --
> "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the
> complete works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not
> true."  -- Robert Wilensky

 Also see XBasic:

 XBasic is an open-source freeware basic compiler with source-code compatible
 implementations for Linux and Windows.  XBasic is written entirely in XBasic,
 is a true compiler with integrated development environment (edit/compile/run/debug)
 including an interactive graphical GuiDesigner.  Try the following links.

 http://www.xbasic.org
 http://xbasic.sourceforge.net
 http://www.maxreason.com/software/xbasic/share.html

1. Announce: Visual Basic 5 Linux

VBVM is a portable version of MS Visual Basic 5 virtual machine.
VBVM enables unmodified VB5 executable files, compiled using the
pcode option, to execute on most computing platforms. Using VBVM,
VB5 programmers will be able to write multi-user, cross-platform
applications. UNIX programmers will be able to use VB5 as a UNIX
application development tool.

Proof-of-concept beta versions are now available for Linux, AIX,
DOS and Win 95/NT. Additional information and software is at
http://SoftworksLtd.com.

This is the initial announcement of VBVM availablility.

Softworks Limited                             http://SoftworksLtd.com
 Author of Softworks VBVM, a portable Visual Basic 5 Virtual Machine.
        Hold the Java. Run VB5 programs on any computer system.

2. Netcruiser/dip connetcion

3. visual basic for linux

4. Slackware: No 'while' command

5. Two addrsseas for my biox?

6. Visual Basic for Windows on Linux ?

7. major, minor number changing

8. Visual Basic & Linux

9. SMTP / POP with Visual Basic 6 and Linux

10. Visual Basic for Linux?

11. Visual Basic And Linux

12. Is there a "Visual Basic" for Linux?