"Autocad" for Linux

Post by Johan Kjellande » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello there,

My name is Johan Kjellander and I am responsible
for the development of the VARKON system. See:

       http://www.microform.se

I'm curious to know if there is any interest in
the Linux community to contribute to the development
of a (free ?) 2D CAD-system for drafting compatible
with Autocad and based on X-Windows.

As far as I know there is no such thing today but
I get the question more and more often in my work
with VARKON.

Please let me know if a similar project already
exists or if you are interested in discussing
such a project.

Thanks, Johan

"Autocad" for Linux

Post by David M. Co » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 03 Nov 1997 12:39:48 +0100, Johan Kjellander

>Please let me know if a similar project already
>exists or if you are interested in discussing
>such a project.

You have very good timing ;} See

http://www.fpa-engineers.com/OD/

Dave Cook

"Autocad" for Linux

Post by Alexey A. Moroz » Fri, 07 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm curious to know if there is any interest in
>the Linux community to contribute to the development
>of a (free ?) 2D CAD-system for drafting compatible
>with Autocad and based on X-Windows.

I've never heard of such project, and I think that would be a nice thing to
have.
As far as contribution, I'm only an undergrad student, but will be glad to
help in what I can.

Alex.

"Autocad" for Linux

Check this out: http://www.fpa-engineers.com/OD/

--
Robert Wuest, PE                Empowered           Kemet Electronics