Compilation problem

Post by Nicolas FLORIA » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I've got two PC, the first on which I develop, the second, which is
embedded, onto which I run the applications.

Since I installed rtlinux on both of them, I can't run the programs
compiled on the first computer on the other. However, I can run the
programs that I compile on itself.

As I don't think rtlinux is the source of the problem, what could it
come from ? Did I missed to do something ?

Compilation problem

Post by Norm Dresne » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Exactly what happens?  Are there any messages? Is there anything in the
system log?  Are you sure that you have the same versions of the linux
kernel and of the rtlinux patches on both?

    Norm

Quote:> I've got two PC, the first on which I develop, the second, which is

Post by D. Stimit » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I've got two PC, the first on which I develop, the second, which is
> embedded, onto which I run the applications.

> Since I installed rtlinux on both of them, I can't run the programs
> compiled on the first computer on the other. However, I can run the
> programs that I compile on itself.

> As I don't think rtlinux is the source of the problem, what could it
> come from ? Did I missed to do something ?

Perhaps they require different lib files. Use ldd on your executables to
see if those compiled on each machine are requesting the same support.
If not, look at the differences, and ldconfig -p from each machine.

1. Cross compilation compilation problems

I am trying to compile the binutils package in order to have a
Sun gcc executable that will create linux binaries.

I am on a Sun 4.1.3.

Some of the problems arise from (in binutils 9l.4) from a MISSING
getopt.h file and no demangle.h file.  Apparently SunOS doesn't
sidtribute getopt.h, or my local sysadmin's didn't think anyone
would require it.

Problems arising from binutils .9l.3 are the confusion with the
a.out.h file, either missing certain #define's, or being included
poorly.

The documentation for making the binutils package is rather obtuse.

If someone _has_ a binary distribution of a SunOS 4.1.x -> linux compiler,
that would be _great_, and if not, then how do I fix up the
makefiles and header files for either version of binutils?

Thanks.

(The traffic here is terrific)

-Will

http://www.rpi.edu/~pier1/

2. About the sound??

3. Kernel compilation problem

4. DOS -> UNIX?

5. OI Compilation Problems

6. How to pass 8bit thru sendmail nicely?

7. DRAC compilation problems with qpopper and cucipop

8. Soft power off at shutdown

9. Solved (was Re: java compilation problem)

10. gimp compilation problems

11. Compilation problems in Slackware 96 Kernel

12. Kernel compilation problem with RH 7

13. compilation problem