automake question

Post by Capsta » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:15:33

Hi,

I have a piece of code which retrieves data from some hardware over a
network. This hardware is installed in a vme rack, and the application which
processes the data can also be run on another system. What I would like now
is to make different implementations for getting the data. If the
application runs on the vme system, it can access the hardware directly, but
if it's not running on that system it has to access a server which will then
run on that system.
I use the autotools to keep this application portable between the different
systems. But my question now is: What do I need to put in config.in or
Makefile.am so I can type for instance ./configure --local-data=yes or
./configure --local-data=no, and then a LOCALDATA define will be defined in
config.h automaticly?

thanks in advance,
  Mark

1. GNU automake question

Hi,

I am currently trying to move a project to the GNU automake system, and I
have this problem: inside a subdirectory "src" of the top source dir, I
have another subdirectory ("tests") which depends on a library which would
be built in "src". How can I tell automake/autoconf to descend into
subdirectories _after_ the current subdirectory has been processed?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

--

2. VPN problems

3. autoconf/automake question

4. FIFO's not working

5. libtool/automake question

6. Mouse problems with Xfree4.0.2

7. autoconf/automake question

8. gnu/linux won't redial if the line was busy (Redhat 8.0)

9. Automake/Autoconf Questions

10. autoconf/automake; size question

11. automake and dependencies

12. how to use automake