GTK window positioning

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 00:22:22

What is the best (or at least a good) way to position a GTK window relative
to the right or bottom screen edges?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

1. How does GTK position windows

This should be a simple question.  I am trying to get started with GTK
programming.  I compiled the helloworld example, however I can't seem
to figure out how it decides to position the window.  It seems like
the window manager is picking the location to display the window which
is usually one of the corners of the screen.  This is rather annoying
so I put in a call to the following:

 gtk_widget_set_uposition(window, 100, 50);

This doesn't seem to do anything.  Is this the proper call?  Is there
a way to have a window positioned in
a specific location irrespective of the window manager?

BTW, running the Gimp exhibits the same behavior.

Thanks for your response.

-Moe

2. H2 to kill a child owned by root

3. how to create child window in gtk+/gtk-- ?

4. gcc: `character constant too long' why?

5. Widget Position - GTK, Screen Capture

6. 3c562 support

7. GTK Widgets and position/geometry

8. HELP, Nuked files!

9. specify window position in Sawfish window manager failed

10. sort keys based on character positions, not field positions?

11. GTK guru -> program crashes complaining about gtk.......

12. GTK for shell scripts: the gtk-server

13. Problems compiling Gtk-0.5120 and Gtk-Perl-0.6123