HELP ON MPEG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mastriani_Pappalard » Wed, 26 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello folks!!!
We are two students of Catania University and we must solve a problem:
we want directly send MPEG frames to the MPEG deceder of the S3  Virge
(or other)
HOW CAN WE DO IT ?????!!!
Thanks for your fast reply.

HELP ON MPEG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kai Schuet » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Hello folks!!!
> We are two students of Catania University and we must solve a problem:
> we want directly send MPEG frames to the MPEG deceder of the S3  Virge
> (or other)
> HOW CAN WE DO IT ?????!!!
> Thanks for your fast reply.

I'm sorry, but the S3 VIRGE Chip itself has got no support for decoding
MPEG frames. It has only got support for scaling and color-space
conversion, like many other cards.

--
|/
|\ai

Kai Schuetz

Hi, I'm not a signature virus. Why don't you just copy me into your
signature?

1. MPEG Editor for all formats of MPEG

Womble Media Technology has just introduced the Ver1.02 of the
MPEG software editor.

The following is a list of the major features.

            The Editor performs all common editing operations on MPEG
compressed data streams, including copy, cut, paste, and record. All
operations are accurate to the exact frames as the user specified.

            The Editor accepts all formats of MPEG bit streams,
including MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video elementary streams, MPEG-1 System
streams including Video   CD format, and MPEG-2 Program and Transport
streams.

            The Editor allows all combinations of MPEG data streams of
different formats for all editing operations, e.g., you can insert a
segment of MPEG-2 video into a MPEG-1 video.

            The Editor creates new MPEG movies for all MPEG formats.

            The Editor introduces transitions over editing points with
user defined special effects. It has a simple programming interface that

allows the plug-in of user-defined special effect operators.

            The Editor incorporates still images into the MPEG video to
create title and text insertion.

            The Editor has other features, such as flexible playback
control for fast forward and fast reverse and dynamic selection of audio

stream in a multi-audio MPEG movie, that are rarely implemented in other

MPEG editors or MPEG players.

A time-limited demo binary has been provided for download at
<http://www.womble.com>  or at
< ftp://ftp.womble.com >.

      All versions require the Motif run-time libraries.

      Currently available binaries include

            SPARC on Solaris: < WMT-Editor-Solaris-SPARC >
            Intel-x86 on Solaris: < WMT-Editor-Solaris-x86 >
            Intel-x86 on Linux: < WMT-Editor-Linux-x86 >

    Happy Holidays !

--- Chang

2. Unable to change Passwords ??

3. Server Goes Down

4. Realplayer MPEG/MPEG-2

5. 1.2.4 compile problem

6. Announce: mpeg - an MPEG creator/deconstructor

7. telnet a ONE-WAY street ?

8. MPEG! Help

9. ReelMagic MPEG CD - help

10. Help need for MPEG player installation

11. Help MPEG Card in Linux

12. Linux Console (command line) MPEG-1 encoder/decoder help!