Gimp 0.60 and plug-ins...

Post by Peter J. Vessen » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I just compiled the Gimp 0.60, (which worked fine, except it had trouble
linking in the termcap library.  When I removed the -ltermcap, it compiled
just fine, no linker warnings/errors.  Other than that, a totally vanilla
install), and I can't get the plug-ins to work.

I can't find anywhere which lists the new pluginrc file format, and the gimp
just gives me an error something like "Querying add.."  and sits there.

Is there a sample pluginrc someone could send me/point me to?  Am I being
cursed for not linking in termcap?  (I don't think so, on this one.)  At any
rate, any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

- Peter

--

| Stolen from: Peter J. Vessenes, Box 4294 Brown University, Pr. RI 02912      |
| finger for pgpkey (Do not be mistaken. This is not your father's server.)    |

Gimp 0.60 and plug-ins...

Post by Andreas Dilg » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I just compiled the Gimp 0.60, (which worked fine, except it had trouble
>linking in the termcap library.  When I removed the -ltermcap, it compiled
>just fine, no linker warnings/errors.  Other than that, a totally vanilla
>install), and I can't get the plug-ins to work.

>I can't find anywhere which lists the new pluginrc file format, and the gimp
>just gives me an error something like "Querying add.."  and sits there.

>Is there a sample pluginrc someone could send me/point me to?  Am I being
>cursed for not linking in termcap?  (I don't think so, on this one.)  At any
>rate, any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

You are being cursed for using a developer version and not being a member
of the gimp-developer list.  If you were, you would have known that the
version you downloaded (probably the gimp9612 something version) doesn't
work, so stay away.  If anything, go with the 961001 version.

Cheers, Andreas.
--
Andreas Dilger  University of Calgary \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and
(403) 220-8792  Micronet Research Group \ a pound of antipasto, would they