binary gcc

Post by jw » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:41:21 +0100, Martin Welch

>I've downloaded god knows how many different gcc tarballs but they all
>contain gcc source code. As I don't have a c\c++ compiler on my system at
>the moment where do I get a binary gcc tarball?

>TIA

Search dejanews. It's been asked many times before, and you'll also find
out that this question is unanswerable without details about your
hardware - or would you like to download some unixware binaries?

Jurriaan

--
... for thy Vendor, thy Machine, and thy Software delight in surprises and think
nothing of producing subtly meaningless results on the day before thy Thesis

binary gcc

Post by Paul Kimo » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I've downloaded god knows how many different gcc tarballs but they all
> contain gcc source code. As I don't have a c\c++ compiler on my system at
> the moment where do I get a binary gcc tarball?

Which distribution do you use?  Do they not provide gcc packages?
(Many recent distributions call the compiler by the name "egcs".)

--

binary gcc

Post by Martin Welc » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>> Search dejanews

I did. The nearest I got was an old post that was way out of date.

Quote:>> you'll also find out that this question is unanswerable without details
about
>> your hardware

Sorry. It was late and I was tired and frustrated.

Its a 486-100, 32Mb RAM, 540Mb Hd with just a floppy. No CDROM or network
card. I'm in the process of transferring the kernel from either my RH51 box
or my PeanutLinux 1.1 box which seems to work so far :-). Next up is the
compiler and hence my question...

Thanks,

Martin

Post by Paul Kimo » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> It's a 486-100, 32Mb RAM, 540Mb Hd with just a floppy. No CDROM or network
> card. I'm in the process of transferring the kernel from either my RH51 box
> or my PeanutLinux 1.1 box which seems to work so far :-). Next up is the
> compiler and hence my question...

You will probably have to extract one from some distribution.  Don't
forget that you will need header files and binutils and the like.
Be careful about which one you try to get, because it will have to
be compatible with your choice of libc.

--

binary gcc

Post by Anthony W. Youngma » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

writes
Quote:>>> Search dejanews

>I did. The nearest I got was an old post that was way out of date.

>>> you'll also find out that this question is unanswerable without details
>about
>>> your hardware

>Sorry. It was late and I was tired and frustrated.

>Its a 486-100, 32Mb RAM, 540Mb Hd with just a floppy. No CDROM or network
>card. I'm in the process of transferring the kernel from either my RH51 box
>or my PeanutLinux 1.1 box which seems to work so far :-). Next up is the
>compiler and hence my question...

Do you have a CD on your RH 5.1 box? If so, then just get a Slack CD and
create a floppy install set. Bit slow, but they've done all the hard
work...
Trousers with a single hole in their waistband are topologically equivalent
to a doughnut. These sugarcoated trousers have yet to catch on at fast-food
outlets! (SuperStrings by F. David Peat)

binary gcc

Post by Martin Welc » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks, I'll look into it.

Martin

> > I've downloaded god knows how many different gcc tarballs but they all
> > contain gcc source code. As I don't have a c\c++ compiler on my system
at
> > the moment where do I get a binary gcc tarball?

> Which distribution do you use?  Do they not provide gcc packages?
> (Many recent distributions call the compiler by the name "egcs".)

> --

1. pre-compiled binaries gcc-2.7.2. x86 ?

Hi, there!
Sorry if I'm asking questions answered recently - just
subscribed to this group, but need help urgently.
I have Solaris 2.5 x86 on my Pentium-90 without any
compiler at all. All distributions of gcc that I found
so far appears to be sources and require compiler to
get it working. Is there any place where I can find
pre-compiled gcc-2.7.2 x86?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pavel Tkatchouk

Programmer/analyst
Squirrel Inc.

2. New to NNTP

3. Where can I find pre-compiled binaries (GCC and Apache) for Solaris 2.4?

4. I Hate info

5. binary gcc.

6. startx and Enlightenment

7. Where to get binary gcc for Solaris 2.X on Sparc

8. Pack as a filter?

9. where to get a binary gcc

10. gcc binaries/expect binaries?

11. Where are the tgz/binary/i386/gcc/ binary release for KDE Beta 4????

12. gcc-2.7.0 (usr/bin/gcc: cannot execute binary.)

13. gcc binaries for ATT Sys 5 R4, V 2.1 Intel 386?