Terminal Write Problem

Post by Jack T » Mon, 20 May 2002 09:49:57

hi all,
I'm writting a simple terminal program for a linux system.
I call write to send out some bytes. The return value is good as it is
supposed.
but it will not transmit it to the other end. It will transmit until I
close that file descriptor.

if anyone know what's the problem is ? or how to solve it.
if this is not enough info for you, let me know.

regards,
Jack.

Terminal Write Problem

Post by Stephane SOPPER » Mon, 20 May 2002 15:46:30

Quote:> if anyone know what's the problem is ? or how to solve it.
> if this is not enough info for you, let me know.

The output is probably buffered. Try to find the command to flush the
buffer.

--
Stephane SOPPERA
http://stephane.soppera.free.fr

Terminal Write Problem

Post by Kasper Dupon » Wed, 22 May 2002 16:34:02

> > if anyone know what's the problem is ? or how to solve it.
> > if this is not enough info for you, let me know.

> The output is probably buffered. Try to find the command to flush the
> buffer.

If this is the stdio buffering in glibc that command would be:
fflush(stdout);

1. terminal write problem

hi all,
I'm writting a simple terminal program for a linux system.
I call write to send out some bytes. The return value is good as it is
supposed.
but it will not transmit it to the other end. It will transmit until I
close that file descriptor.

if anyone know what's the problem is ? or how to solve it.
if this is not enough info for you, let me know.

regards,
Jack.

2. Apache: downloading zip files from

3. How do I write to the terminal of another process at another terminal?

4. PPP ping times

5. IBM Thinkpad 510Cs

6. Problem on tcp socket:two consecutive writes takes much much longer time than single write, why?

7. Do I system meet requirements?

8. I have problems with digiboards setup for terminal use with dec (xon/xoff) terminals

9. "unable to write terminal control database"

10. to write the terminal contens to a file

11. How to write to terminal

12. Writing to a terminal without giving identity?