visual development environment

Post by UDMS » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

is anyone interested in a gui tool to take care of projects?

i know there is xwpe. but it is not very friendly and is lacking in some
functions.

the gui would take care of 'rcs' and 'make' for many people working on
the same project.

things such as editor, de*, dialog editor, etc.. would be setable
in an options menu.

i did not want to start anything like this if there was no interest. or
if there is a better suggestion that would be appreciated.

and if there are people interested, i could work up a project plan and
distribute the work.

visual development environment

Post by Brian S » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Sorry about that, got cut off and accidently sent without finishing the
message, ended up sounding kind of snotty.  Was going to say:

Sounds like it would a nice project to work on.  Would like to see
support for CVS as well as RCS.  And maybe a brief style editor.]

All for now.

visual development environment

Post by Brian S » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> is anyone interested in a gui tool to take care of projects?

> the gui would take care of 'rcs' and 'make' for many people working on
> the same project.

> things such as editor, de*, dialog editor, etc.. would be setable
> in an options menu.

Would be much nicer to interface to both RCS and CVS Both.

Post by David M. Co » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>is anyone interested in a gui tool to take care of projects?

WipeOut is something like this, but unfortunately it uses xview.  There's
also Code Crusader, which uses JX, a library I haven't seen mentioned in
the toolkit wars yet.

It would be nice if your gui tool were part of GNOME.

Dave Cook

visual development environment

Post by Roel Sergean » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

It would of course also be nice if it would be in C++, while I think
GNOME is still in C. It's just a suggestion, but Linux would benefit
from a C++ Development Envirroment like WindowsNT or the Mac have. ( Of
course it should be better, but if it is stable it would already be
better ).

It would also be nice to have a graphical de*, of course you have
DDD, but it is not very good at supporting C++-programs.

Anyway, I think a graphical development envirroment would make Linux
even better as a development platform.

Roel Sergeant.

Post by David M. Co » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>It would of course also be nice if it would be in C++, while I think
>GNOME is still in C.

Gtk-- is a C++ binding for Gtk.  See

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~p150650/gtk/gtk--.html

Dave Cook

Post by Chris Ma » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

: >It would of course also be nice if it would be in C++, while I think
: >GNOME is still in C.

: Gtk-- is a C++ binding for Gtk.  See

: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~p150650/gtk/gtk--.html

: Dave Cook

Let me begin by stating that I personally know the developers who are working on
Code Crusader. That being said, I would encourage anyone who is interested in
C,C++ developement to at least check out the Code Crusader homepage.

www.cco.caltech.edu/~jafl/jcc/

I have been using it for quite some time and it is certainly one of the nicest
developement enviroments around for Linux.

Chris Mach

visual development environment

Post by Mark Flemin » Mon, 24 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Have you ever tried WipeOut.  I haven't had the time to do any extensive
testing of it, but it look good to me.  Take a look.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

All you need are the OpenLook libs.

Peace

--
Mark Fleming
Office of Information Technology

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Falko Braeutiga » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Have you ever tried WipeOut.  I haven't had the time to do any extensive
> testing of it, but it look good to me.  Take a look.

> http://www.softwarebuero.de/wipeout-eng.html

> All you need are the OpenLook libs.

No, you don't need XView libs any longer! WipeOut provides now a Motif-like
GUI (Motif libs are not required). Besides there is a new window
configuration scheme and many other improvements since version 1.07c.

Falko

softwarebuero m&b                          http://www.softwarebuero.de

1. An X Visual development environment

I'm looking for a VISUAL development environment for doing X programming for
Linux. One that will let me draw the screens using the widgets.  I haven't
found anything yet that will let me -draw- the screens like VB and VC++ in
Windows. I love the free software concept. What I don't like is banging out
code to manipulate the appearance of the program's interface.  Can anyone
point me in the right direction with this one.  I have been using RedHat
Linux for a while now and would like to code for it in the way I do for MS
windows with Visual Basic and Visual C++.

Cheers,
      Jason

2. Appending date to a file

3. Announcement: Cygnus and ICS Partner to Create a Visual Development Environment

4. TEST

5. An X Visual development environment

6. RH60 kernel rpm 2.2.12-20...

7. Programming streams over network?

8. Visual Tcl 1.08 Beta - application development environment

9. Development Environment for UNIX 'ala - Visual C++'

10. Looking for recommendations for Visual Development Tools

11. Linux Visual development

12. Visual Development tools for Solaris