ANN: LibVRML97/Lookat v0.7 - Open VRML97 Toolkit&Browser

ANN: LibVRML97/Lookat v0.7 - Open VRML97 Toolkit&Browser

Post by chr.. » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Version 0.7 of LibVRML97/Lookat has been released at
http://www.vermontel.net/~cmorley/vrml.html

LibVRML97 is a toolkit for incorporating VRML into applications, and
Lookat is a simple VRML browser based on the library. This code is
currently being developed and is one of the more complete open source
VRML browsers available. All VRML97 nodes except Text/FontStyle and
the drag sensors (CylinderSensor, Plane, Sphere) are supported.
The Script node supports much of the Javascript API with more on the
way. See http://www.vermontel.net/~cmorley/README.txt for more information.
The code is C++ and is released under a LibJPEG-style license (copyright
but no restrictions on use, modification, or redistribution).

The library has been built on Linux 2.0.32 and Sun Solaris 2.5, and
prior versions have been built on Win95. I'm interested in hearing
about experiences porting to other systems. Enhancements coming soon
include adding Java in Script nodes and a user interface/navigation.

1. XForms V0.81 - X11 GUI toolkit & Builder

Many people are flaming QT for its copyright rules in the source.
I'd like to know what your folks think about binary release like
this. To me, it seems like a beta-testing before it goes to
commercial. If the original author(s) doesn't want to commercialize
the library, why can the source code be released? I know I know,
I am asking to much.

2. PPP problem at multiple connects

3. ANN: eValid Browser Validates, Times & Tunes, Imposes Loads

4. Simple Newbie Mount problem.

5. ANN: Puppy Linux v0.2 released, boots off a CDROM

6. display info in C

7. ANN: WebLog 0.98 available (Python logfile toolkit)

8. Assure: Automatically debug multithreaded java code

9. ANN> WebLog: Web Logfile Analysis Toolkit for Python

10. ANN: wxWindows 2.4.1, cross-platform GUI toolkit

11. ANN: JET 4.3 Available (Jumpstart Enterprise Toolkit)

12. looking for open source object browser (besides "oo-browser")

13. Re : ANN: Linux 2.2 driver compatibility toolkit