Latest libc manual version ?

Post by Peter Cherrim » Mon, 06 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi there
>I just down loaded the gnu-libc.05 manual from sunsite, but I see its dated
>around mid 93. Is there a later verion or is this the only one for Linux.
>The manual is about 400 pages so I want to be sure before I print it out.

I got a version by downloading the whole of the glibc tar  file from the
gnu arvhive mirror site, which is available at mist sunsite mirrors. I got mine from ftp://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/gnu/

The then did a make in the doc subdirectory to make the manual. It is dated
24th October 1994. fot version 1.09 beta. The manual is over 650 pages long, so
I have the dvi file on my machine to refer to online, the chapters I have used
extensively I have printed out 4up together with the indexes and contents pages.

Communications Group             WWW   : http://diana.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~pjc94r/
Dept. of Electronics
University of Southampton
United Kingdom

1. Q: How do I get from the latest stable kernel version to the latest prepatch version ?

Thanks.
It just struck me odd that the latest is 2.4.2 while the prepatches were
2.4.3 so I figured there must be something I missed in between (my logic
told me that a 2.4.3 patch would be against a 2.4.3 something ;-).

BTW, I haven't seen any announcements from Linus in this mailing list
regarding new versions, just the updates on the web site and Alan's release
notes saying he's merging with 2.4.3xx. Are those announcements being posted
somewhere else now ?

2. NT and LILO

3. latest version of libc?

4. Why is Linux not good for large business?

5. intel e1000 driver, why is the latest version 6.2.15 not in the latest kernel?

6. Free Sco

7. which xntp (solaris version or the latest version) should be used

8. Case study: Porting DB2 to Linux (fyi)

9. Need Latest Version of Linux CD-ROM Version

10. buglet in xc version xc+rz (latest version)

11. latest GNU C Library Reference Manual?

12. libc.a and libc.so, libc.so.1libc.so.2, where is my library?

13. libc 2.x, libc 5, libc 6