error in loading shared librairies...

Post by AlexAndr » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
Can anyone please tell the meaning of this message:
.....:error in loading shared librairies
libgtk.so.1:cannot open shared object file :No such file or directory.
Thank you very much.

Post by root » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,
> Can anyone please tell the meaning of this message:
> .....:error in loading shared librairies
> libgtk.so.1:cannot open shared object file :No such file or directory.
> Thank you very much.

you are trying to use a shared library(DLL).  This file can't be found
for some reason.  Make sure this file exists in one of the directories in
your /etc/ld.so.config file.  Also, make sure a link exisits named
libgtk.so in the same directory.

1. error in loading shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object

Gentle People,

My installation of 6.4 was running fine until I went to try and install Real
Player.  Real Player failed to install (with an error 38) however that is
not the question.

Netscape doesn't start when called as an ordinary user.  It does start when
called from root.  This error only started after I installed (and I have
since removed) Real Player.  I have also tried uninstalling Netscape, and
then re-installing it again.  The error I get is

"error in loading shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory."

I have found libXmu.so.6 living in /usr/X11R6/lib and edited /etc/profile
value of PATH to include this, but this has not fixed the situation.

I have attempted also to run "xhost +" as an ordinary user and this fails
with a similar error.

I have some unix knowledge (specifically around HP-UX) so any pointers you
can give me to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Randell D.

2. Looking for Authors

3. Getting symbols for shared librairies on AIX board

4. ATI MACH64 Rage II patch for xfree 3.2

5. shared librairies on various Unix boxes

6. Apache Explained ^

7. Shared Librairies : Porting from NT

8. rh 7.1 driving me nuts

9. Shared librairies on Aix.

10. init error in loading shared libraries on bootup

11. libgtk.so.1 -error in loading shared libraries

12. Error in loading shared libraries

13. Help: ./demo/demo: error in loading shared libraries: liballeg-3.9.36.so