Linux for the PS1

Post by Paul F. Johnso » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:53:16

Hi,

Following my request for info on netyaroze for linux, I have been sent a
series of tarballs for the various components. One of them contains the
cross compiler for gcc 2.7.2 and the associated binutils.

Obviously, I don't want to use 2.7.2 (it was bust in so many ways!) - can
anyone suggest how best to approach fixing the archive up to run with
gcc3.2?

I'm loathed to build 2.7.2 and then do a make install for the small amount
of time I would be using it (as I do a lot of C++ programming, I don't
want to lose 3.2).

TTFN

Paul

1. How to translate Linux's PS1 prompt to Unix's PS1 prompt?

Hi all,

I tried to write a script  that can display the prompt as Linux does for
example:

#
or

$

Here is my script (It works on ksh of UnixWare 7)

UID=`id -u`
if [ $UID -eq 0 ]; then

# '
else

$ '
fi

but It will not display properly after running the command 'priv' to become
another users.

I wonder if I can do a script that can display the prompt as Linux prompt on
almost Unix system in Bourne Shell or Korn Shell without to install Bash.

 Thanks in advance for any advise.

H.V

2. Error starting SunPCi II

3. DHCP Server on Linux Box

4. Trouble installing Linux on IBM PS1

5. fortune at startup

6. linux on a ps1

7. Sony using gcc for PlayStation 2

8. Install Linux on IBM/PS1 (Type 2121)

9. PS1='[$PWD]'; how can I reduce the length of PS1 when it is long?

10. ksh... PS1=$$ PS1="$$" PS1='$$'... aargh...

11. Solaris 10, JDS, setting PS1 for bash -- where?

12. FDISK on IBM PS1 2nd drive