Smalltalk/X anyone?

Post by Frank M. Siege » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi!

I have tried to run smalltalk/x (stx) on my linux box (slackware 3.0, kernel 1.3.35, ELF &
compat. Libs) but it always fails on start with the message '/libXt.so.3' (see the slash!) not
found. The (not so) funny thing is that libXt.so.3 is in the compatibility libs...

Has anyone similar problems and/or a solution?

- Frank

---

NeXTSTEP, Linux & PostScript Guy  "In cantonese C++ is called C ga ga"

Smalltalk/X anyone?

Post by Joachim Med » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I had the same problem and solved it by simply setting a symbolic link
for this library to the /-directory. Btw. after you've done this you'll get
another message like this one, asking for another library. Solution see above.

I know this is no perfect solution, perhaps it is even less than a solution,
but it works.

        Jo.

1. NYC LOCAL: Monday 3 March 2003 NYC Smalltalk: Introduction to Smalltalk

  from="official NYC Smalltalk announcement"
  edit-level="near zero">

NYC Smalltalk will be sponsoring the following events in March:

1. March 3rd, Introduction to Smalltalk - Method Invocation
2. Will be soon announced

Introduction to Smalltalk

Method invocation in Smalltalk is a one-liner. Come and checkout how easy
it is to do method invocation with Smalltalk.

We will help install a Smalltalk IDE for those guests that bring their
laptops.

This will be a hands-on presentation. All examples will be made in the
context of Sunits.

Date: March 3rd
Location: NYPC Offices at the New Yorker Hotel, 15th Floor
Time: 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Directions:

take E or C to 34th (Penn Station), get off at 34th & 8th

with subject line of: NYC Smalltalk March 3rd

Charles
Chair
NYC Smalltalk

Distributed poC TINC:

Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

2. DNS on 2.6

3. GNU Smalltalk on NetBSD anyone?

4. will someone please help me ??

5. Has anyone ported GNU smalltalk to linux?

6. LINUX will not see my CD-ROM...

7. SLIP.... anyone, anyone, ANYONE!

8. Need to center screen.

9. SLIP.... anyone, anyone ANYONE!

10. I'm searching for a GOFER & SMALLTALK compiler for linux

11. smalltalk/x

12. GNU Smalltalk on Solaris2.x(SVR4)?

13. HELP:stix/smalltalk on Slackware