Help with KDevelop from RH9

Post by lallo » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:29:32

Hello,
I just installed RH9 and KDevelop that comes w/ it.
I made a new Console C++ project and as I try to compile I get:
[quote]
aclocal.m4:3009:your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
old Automake version. you should recreate aclocal.m4 with aclocal and
run automake again.
[/quote]

I am new to RH and KDevelop.
Any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Elias

Help with KDevelop from RH9

Post by Gary Desrosier » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:23:04

Under the "Build" menu, you'll see two selections. 1- for "Autoconf and
automake" and 2- "Configure". If you make changes at the project level like
changing options, adding libs, etc. You need to run autoconf and automake,
and Configure to recreate the makefiles.

Normally, to test out code changes and just make (build) the project, you'd
just press F8 or use the Build -> Make menu.

Here's another one that you might run into... To add libraries to the
project. goto Project -> options (or press F7) and then select "Linker
Options". In the "Additional Libraries" box, enter the library to use using
the -l prefix. For example, if you're using libcrypto.a then enter
-lcrypto. Of course, you'd have to autoconf/automake, and configure again
after this change.

Gary

> Hello,
> I just installed RH9 and KDevelop that comes w/ it.
> I made a new Console C++ project and as I try to compile I get:
> [quote]
> aclocal.m4:3009:your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
> old Automake version. you should recreate aclocal.m4 with aclocal and
> run automake again.
> [/quote]

> I am new to RH and KDevelop.
> Any help is appreciated.
> Regards,
> Elias

Help with KDevelop from RH9

Post by lallo » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:01:08

Hi Gary,

Thanks, I clicked on "Autoconf and automake" then managed to compile my code.

Elias

1. need help w/RH9 firewall setup

I'm using Linux RH9, and used the default firewall setup upon OS install. I
assume it's Lokkit.

I want to open up port 4242, so I added the line in /etc/sysconfig/iptables:
-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 67:68 --dport 67:68 -j
ACCEPT

And I /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables restart
yet I still can't access port 4242

What did I do wrong?

Thanks for nay help!!
Liam

2. NEED SUMMARY: where is wait3()

3. I do not want to Save Screen Shot ...on RH9 ... annoying ... pleazse help...

4. Slow ftp speed from one machine - Strange.....

5. Dell laptop, external monitor, and RH9 -- PROBLEMS! HELP!

6. *NP* in password file?

7. RH9 Install Help Needed

8. RH 5.2 Install not recognise Notebook HD

9. RH9 - Lilo scrambled DOS partition tables (fat32) - help

10. USB Wheel mouse problem in RH9: help!

11. SAA7134 Card Installation on RH9 help

12. RH9 ethernet assistance please.. Can anyone help please???

13. Q: Help needed - works on Linux RH9 but not on a Solaris box