list of commercial apps and their release dates?

list of commercial apps and their release dates?

Post by BL » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I was trying to convince my boss to do our next project on linux when it
ocurred to me - it would be nice to have a public web page that graphically
(with a time-line of some sort) shows which commercial products were released
or ported to linux and when.

it would be cool to have this as a credibility page.  if someone doesn't
believe that the momentum is building up, you could refer them to the graphs
and charts there and they could see the size of the bandwagon and how quickly
it ramped up.

I'll volunteer some space on my web server if I can get some help in
documenting all the significant commercial events and their timestamps.

I'd like to start with 'big stuff' like oracle, sybase, teleuse, corel (you
know - pretty heavy-duty products that have good name recognition).  I'd also
like to include announcements of when big unix players (sgi, dec, ibm, hp) and
pc vendors (dell, etc) announced support for linux.

anyone have this info or know where I can extract it from?  other than
C.O.L.A.?

thanks

--
bryan
bryan [at] grateful (dot) net

Post by Martin Colli » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>anyone have this info or know where I can extract it from?  other than
>C.O.L.A.?

This is a good place to start:
http://lwn.net/1999/features/1998timeline/

Martin

list of commercial apps and their release dates?

Post by BL » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

excellent!!

thanks very much.  that's just the thing I was looking for.

cheers ;-)

: >anyone have this info or know where I can extract it from?  other than
: >C.O.L.A.?

: This is a good place to start:
: http://lwn.net/1999/features/1998timeline/

: Martin

1. commercial apps list (?)

 I heard that many people are writing commerial apps for Linux...
great. Maybe there is a chance to overthrow the giant.

Anyways, has anyone been compiling a list and a possible web site with
details on such products?  I believe some of the linux mags are
showing many such apps.

2. STB Lightspeed users - 16bit??

3. Will commercial apps for 3.2-Release still work on 4.x

4. Enlightenment epplets

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Apt-RPM

7. commercial linux app journyx WebTime v1.2 now available

8. tulip.c version in linux kernels. perhaps I spoke too harshly...

9. Linux "commercial" apps

10. Review of 1st commercial Zaurus apps

11. Q: can't use GNU C++ to develope commercial apps, right?

12. Want commercial apps for Linux?

13. How do I display a startup message from mwm for commercial apps?