profile question

Post by Dmitry S. Priima » Mon, 21 Sep 1998 04:00:00

How to make valid in system changes, which I made in /etc/profile
without rebooting whole system
Thanks in advance

--
Dmitry S. Priimak
http://www.qc.edu/~dprijmak

profile question

Post by Dmitry M. Golubovsk » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>How to make valid in system changes, which I made in /etc/profile
>without rebooting whole system
>Thanks in advance

Commands in /etc/profile are executed when someone logs in. So, changes made
will affect any logins after you wrote /etc/profile. Logout and then login and
changes will be in effect.

Dmitry M. Golubovsky
      St-Petersburg, Russia

1. .profile questions

I'm running HP-UX 9.07 and I'm having a problem
with my .profile.  First when I bring up a new
hpterm my .profile is not executed and second when
I run it from the command line runs but then there
is a logout message and none of the settings stay.
Any help in this will be most appreciated.
--

John T. Shea

To reply remove the nospam from my address.

2. where are Color Schemes stored?

3. a .profile question about the xenix vsh

4. Looking for X programming help - simple program to list all open windows on a server

5. .profile question

6. Recovery of Linux partition

7. HPUX 10.2 /etc/profile question

8. DOSEMU Mailing List?