SHADOW support +MD5 password hash

Post by Mr. Anti Spa » Mon, 04 May 1998 04:00:00

Is there a method to properly enable MD5 passwords in linux? slackware
3.4 with shadow, libc.5.4.44,
gcc2.7.3.3 with autoconf/automake.

I did ./configure --with-md5crypt with no success

It looks as if the src/Makefile does not make or include md5.c
md5crypt.c so I added those and
it *seems* to work fine.

1. How do I stop using MD5 passwd hashing in /etc/shadow

Hi,

I've got to have conventional (non-MD5) hashed passwords in my NIS map for a
bunch of non-Linux systems using NIS from a Linux server.

How do I stop the Linux NIS server from using MD5 hashing, and resort to
conventional unix passwords?

RedHat gives you the option during installation, but I am not going to
reinstall this server just to sort out a little ruckus in the password maps
[SMILE].

Many thankings,

--Rob.

2. : Problems with f2c on Solaris 2.1....

3. Looking for a way to hash a password with MD5

4. Help: Undo FIPS?

5. MD5 password hash

6. what flag to pass to the compiler for i686 optimizing (for the kernel) ?

7. MD5 Password Hashing

8. IBMPC chars on ttySx

9. hashed shadow password file in Linux

10. How can I disable MD5 and shadow password?

11. HELP!!, login no longer recognizes shadow or MD5 passwords

12. Shadow password files vs. non-shadowed passwords

13. ERROR: KDE shadow password error although no shadow passwords used