Is there an APL for Linux; is there a grap preprocessor?

Is there an APL for Linux; is there a grap preprocessor?

Post by Bill Hog » Fri, 24 Mar 1995 12:55:35

  tried comp.lang.apl?

Is there an APL for Linux; is there a grap preprocessor?

Post by David G. Cant » Sat, 25 Mar 1995 05:44:23

The language J which is Ken Iverson's successor to APL is available
free.  Version 7 is the current free version.  It is available by
anonymous ftp from watserv1.UWaterloo.CA.

Iverson is the original author of APL.  He has retired from IBM and
has defined J to be his desired replacement.  He has a commercial
version which runs under Windows.

dgc

David G. Cantor                            Center for Communications Research

                                           San Diego, CA 92121

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. help me

3. Hacked? odd /bin/login on webserver.

5. unix

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

7. Dynamic Perl5 port for SCO available?

11. I am si**y am I?

12. Is there a grap preprocessor for groff?