Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by flatfish.. » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:17:11

Wow!

I know Linux is getting big, but I had no idea you guys had your own
navy!

http://www.geekcruises.com/home/ll2_home.html

I'll flap a fin your way as you steam on into the deep blue Atlantic.

Looks like the price is pretty decent.

More than likely because you have to bring your own soap.

http://www.abisource.com/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

Bon Voyage!!

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by The Ghost In The Machin » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:02:54

 wrote
on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:17:11 -0400

Quote:> Wow!

> I know Linux is getting big, but I had no idea you guys had your own
> navy!

> http://www.geekcruises.com/home/ll2_home.html

> I'll flap a fin your way as you steam on into the deep blue Atlantic.

> Looks like the price is pretty decent.

> More than likely because you have to bring your own soap.

> http://www.abisource.com/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

> Bon Voyage!!

Funny you should mention sea cruises....I seem to recall a certain
OS/application combo which ultimately lead to a ship being towed
into port....

--

It's still legal to go .sigless.

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by Peter K?hlman » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:08:46

>  wrote
> on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:17:11 -0400

>> Wow!

>> I know Linux is getting big, but I had no idea you guys had your own
>> navy!

>> http://www.geekcruises.com/home/ll2_home.html

>> I'll flap a fin your way as you steam on into the deep blue Atlantic.

>> Looks like the price is pretty decent.

>> More than likely because you have to bring your own soap.

>> http://www.abisource.com/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

>> Bon Voyage!!

> Funny you should mention sea cruises....I seem to recall a certain
> OS/application combo which ultimately lead to a ship being towed
> into port....

Well, wasn't that a certain ship with builtin fireworks?
Too bad that they didn't put in some lowtech like 1000s of hamsters in a
wheel for propulsion. That could not have been taken out by this
extremely low tech called Windows NT

Peter
--
This problem was sponsored bei Microsoft

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by flatfish.. » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:34:17

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:08:46 +0200, Peter K?hlmann

>>  wrote
>> on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:17:11 -0400

>>> Wow!

>>> I know Linux is getting big, but I had no idea you guys had your own
>>> navy!

>>> http://www.geekcruises.com/home/ll2_home.html

>>> I'll flap a fin your way as you steam on into the deep blue Atlantic.

>>> Looks like the price is pretty decent.

>>> More than likely because you have to bring your own soap.

>>> http://www.abisource.com/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

>>> Bon Voyage!!

>> Funny you should mention sea cruises....I seem to recall a certain
>> OS/application combo which ultimately lead to a ship being towed
>> into port....

>Well, wasn't that a certain ship with builtin fireworks?
>Too bad that they didn't put in some lowtech like 1000s of hamsters in a
>wheel for propulsion. That could not have been taken out by this
>extremely low tech called Windows NT

>Peter

Yea sure.

You guys can account for every bullet used in WW2 but yet you still
lost the war.

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by Peter K?hlman » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:43:52

> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:08:46 +0200, Peter K?hlmann

>>>  wrote
>>> on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:17:11 -0400

>>> Funny you should mention sea cruises....I seem to recall a certain
>>> OS/application combo which ultimately lead to a ship being towed
>>> into port....

>>Well, wasn't that a certain ship with builtin fireworks?
>>Too bad that they didn't put in some lowtech like 1000s of hamsters in a
>>wheel for propulsion. That could not have been taken out by this
>>extremely low tech called Windows NT

>>Peter

> Yea sure.

> You guys can account for every bullet used in WW2 but yet you still
> lost the war.

Guess what, you moron: I am glad that it is so.

Peter
--
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by flatfish.. » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:55:47

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:43:52 +0200, Peter K?hlmann

>> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:08:46 +0200, Peter K?hlmann

>>>Well, wasn't that a certain ship with builtin fireworks?
>>>Too bad that they didn't put in some lowtech like 1000s of hamsters in a
>>>wheel for propulsion. That could not have been taken out by this
>>>extremely low tech called Windows NT

>>>Peter

>> Yea sure.

>> You guys can account for every bullet used in WW2 but yet you still
>> lost the war.

>Guess what, you moron: I am glad that it is so.

>Peter

So does the rest of the world.

The idea of documenting where every single piece of toilet paper has
come from when wiping one's ass is not something normal people would
enjoy.

You, however, are not normal.

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by Matthew Gardine » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:03:10

> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:08:46 +0200, Peter K?hlmann

>>>  wrote
>>> on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:17:11 -0400

>>> Funny you should mention sea cruises....I seem to recall a certain
>>> OS/application combo which ultimately lead to a ship being towed into
>>> port....

>>Well, wasn't that a certain ship with builtin fireworks? Too bad that
>>they didn't put in some lowtech like 1000s of hamsters in a wheel for
>>propulsion. That could not have been taken out by this extremely low
>>tech called Windows NT

>>Peter

> Yea sure.

> You guys can account for every bullet used in WW2 but yet you still lost
> the war.

Need I remind you, it wasn't until Germany was outnumbered by a large
number that they started to lose the war. The fact was, man for man,
Germany was a superior fighting force. Stalin dug Russias own grave
because he purged out so-called non-believers, who happen to also be very
skilled and knowledgable Generals and thus, the Russian body count would
never have been 20million had these Generals stayed.

Matthew Gardiner

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by Matthew Gardine » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:04:01

>> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:08:46 +0200, Peter K?hlmann

>>>Well, wasn't that a certain ship with builtin fireworks? Too bad that
>>>they didn't put in some lowtech like 1000s of hamsters in a wheel for
>>>propulsion. That could not have been taken out by this extremely low
>>>tech called Windows NT

>>>Peter

>> Yea sure.

>> You guys can account for every bullet used in WW2 but yet you still
>> lost the war.

> Guess what, you moron: I am glad that it is so.

> Peter

Maybe flatfish+++ makes up the 93% of yanks who have never been outside
the US?

Matthew Gardiner

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by flatfish.. » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:26:19

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:04:01 +1000, Matthew Gardiner

>>> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:08:46 +0200, Peter K?hlmann

>>> Yea sure.

>>> You guys can account for every bullet used in WW2 but yet you still
>>> lost the war.

>> Guess what, you moron: I am glad that it is so.

>> Peter

>Maybe flatfish+++ makes up the 93% of yanks who have never been outside
>the US?

>Matthew Gardiner

1. We won the war.

2. It's better than being a sheep *er.

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by cybea » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:44:20

>  wrote
> on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:17:11 -0400

>> Wow!

>> I know Linux is getting big, but I had no idea you guys had your own
>> navy!

>> http://www.geekcruises.com/home/ll2_home.html

>> I'll flap a fin your way as you steam on into the deep blue Atlantic.

>> Looks like the price is pretty decent.

>> More than likely because you have to bring your own soap.

>> http://www.abisource.com/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

>> Bon Voyage!!

> Funny you should mention sea cruises....I seem to recall a certain
> OS/application combo which ultimately lead to a ship being towed
> into port....

ahhh, here is a post were flatty add this group as "Fillowup-To". Another
case of a winvocate trying to stir up trouble here to advance his personal
holly war against Linux. If you take a look at most of the cross posting
lately it has almost all been the result of Linux hating windows users.

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by cybea » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:45:11

>  wrote
> on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:17:11 -0400

>> Wow!

>> I know Linux is getting big, but I had no idea you guys had your own
>> navy!

>> http://www.geekcruises.com/home/ll2_home.html

>> I'll flap a fin your way as you steam on into the deep blue Atlantic.

>> Looks like the price is pretty decent.

>> More than likely because you have to bring your own soap.

>> http://www.abisource.com/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

>> Bon Voyage!!

> Funny you should mention sea cruises....I seem to recall a certain
> OS/application combo which ultimately lead to a ship being towed
> into port....

Diss regard my other post, I though I had switched to the XP group.

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by flatfish.. » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:56:04

You have.

Enjoy....

>>  wrote
>> on Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:17:11 -0400

>>> Wow!

>>> I know Linux is getting big, but I had no idea you guys had your own
>>> navy!

>>> http://www.geekcruises.com/home/ll2_home.html

>>> I'll flap a fin your way as you steam on into the deep blue Atlantic.

>>> Looks like the price is pretty decent.

>>> More than likely because you have to bring your own soap.

>>> http://www.abisource.com/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

>>> Bon Voyage!!

>> Funny you should mention sea cruises....I seem to recall a certain
>> OS/application combo which ultimately lead to a ship being towed
>> into port....

>Diss regard my other post, I though I had switched to the XP group.

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by cybea » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:57:50

Love all those SP1 problems the XPers are habing don't you? Guess you needed
to take there mind off of how bad XP truly is by starting a few flame wars.

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by Jim Richardso » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 04:07:24

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:04:01 +1000,

>>> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:08:46 +0200, Peter K?hlmann

>>> Yea sure.

>>> You guys can account for every bullet used in WW2 but yet you still
>>> lost the war.

>> Guess what, you moron: I am glad that it is so.

>> Peter

> Maybe flatfish+++ makes up the 93% of yanks who have never been outside
> the US?

> Matthew Gardiner

False stats, you are basing that number on the % of americans who
were reported as currently holding passports. That doesn't mean that
those without current passports have never been outside of the US,
doesn't even mean that those with passports have been. Nor is the number
an accurate representation of the numbers with passports.

(feeling cumudgeonly today.)

<begin pointless drivel>
since 1993, the state dept has issued approximately 54million passports
that are still valid (unless they have been revoked, which we can assume
is a small number) [1] The population of the US stands at approximately
280 million [2] which means that just under one fifth (18.9%) currently
hold valid passports. Most obtain them with the purpose of using them,
since they are neither free, nor free of hassle to get.

Of course, a passport is not neccessary to visit Canada, Mexico, most of
the Caribbean nations. Nor for members of the armed forces to visit (not
be stationed in, but visit) most of our allies. NATO members, SEATO
members, other treaty members. Nor are passports needed to visit US
possesions and protectorates such as Puerto Rico, the USVI, or Guam.
<end pointless drivel>

<wanders off mumbling>

[1] <http://travel.state.gov/passport_statistics.html>
[2] <http://www.census.gov/main/www/cen2000.html>

--
Jim Richardson
        Anarchist, pagan and proud of it

Let's take a cruise!!!!

Post by Matthew Gardine » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:32:32

Quote:>> Maybe flatfish+++ makes up the 93% of yanks who have never been outside
>> the US?

>> Matthew Gardiner

> False stats, you are basing that number on the % of americans who were
> reported as currently holding passports. That doesn't mean that those
> without current passports have never been outside of the US, doesn't
> even mean that those with passports have been. Nor is the number an
> accurate representation of the numbers with passports.

> (feeling cumudgeonly today.)

> <begin pointless drivel>
> since 1993, the state dept has issued approximately 54million passports
> that are still valid (unless they have been revoked, which we can assume
> is a small number) [1] The population of the US stands at approximately
> 280 million [2] which means that just under one fifth (18.9%) currently
> hold valid passports. Most obtain them with the purpose of using them,
> since they are neither free, nor free of hassle to get.

> Of course, a passport is not neccessary to visit Canada, Mexico, most of
> the Caribbean nations. Nor for members of the armed forces to visit (not
> be stationed in, but visit) most of our allies. NATO members, SEATO
> members, other treaty members. Nor are passports needed to visit US
> possesions and protectorates such as Puerto Rico, the USVI, or Guam.
> <end pointless drivel>

> <wanders off mumbling>

> [1] <http://travel.state.gov/passport_statistics.html> [2]
> <http://www.census.gov/main/www/cen2000.html>=

True, however, you're more likely to find a German or a Swede treaking
through New Zealand or Australia.

NZ and Australia have tried to market the outside world to US tourists,
however, I think most are still trying to fathem the idea concept of
"world". ;-)

Matthew Gardiner

1. Let's speculate how /dev 'works' ?

I guess there are few people who know eg. how:

 dd if=/dev/mouse of=<show the hex on console> <in 3 byte steps>

works via the current '/dev/' settings ?

Nor is this the best forum to ask.  Which is the better forum ?

On a RS232-ported x86 machine you'd first need a 'routine'
to transform 'get n bytes from the ser-port input-buffer'.

How/why does this translate to 'virtually' going via /dev/mouse ?

This could be an interesting analyses.

== Chris Glur.

2. ufsdump/dump on multiple tapes

3. Redhat 5.2 + kde- won't let me change to 'kwm'

4. Solaris - /dev/kbd missing message

5. Let's push it into the 'Agony Zone'!

6. Tyan motherboard +memory problem

7. ksh 'let' command in csh

8. XFree86-4.0-0.8 question

9. need to 'boot -r' to let OS see cd-rom

10. Let's cry against the clear articles, but don't rebuild the slow ethernets.

11. LET'S JUST TOSS 'EM (was Re: LET'S TOSS 'EM A LIFE PRESERVER)

12. It's about money so let's be paranoid

13. It won't let me format a floppy!!And netscape news doesn't work...