Linux & Motif

Post by Tim Cai » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I've been looking around for Motif development tools
(UIL compiler etc) for Linux with little success.

Does anyone know of any resources out there, or has
Motif died the death in light of Lesstif, Gnome, Kdeetc?

Thanks,

Tim.

Linux & Motif

Post by Donn Mille » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I've been looking around for Motif development tools
> (UIL compiler etc) for Linux with little success.
> Does anyone know of any resources out there, or has
> Motif died the death in light of Lesstif, Gnome, Kdeetc?

You have seen www.openmotif.org, haven't you?  I've seen mention on that web
page of themes for Motif.  Isn't open source great?

- Donn

Linux & Motif

Post by Donovan Rebbec » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Hi,

>I've been looking around for Motif development tools
>(UIL compiler etc) for Linux with little success.

>Does anyone know of any resources out there, or has
>Motif died the death in light of Lesstif, Gnome, Kdeetc?

openmotif.org, it's still alive.

However, the momentum and the innovation is all taking place within the
Glib/Gtk/GNOME and Qt/KDE camps. I'd recommend going with one of these
(both are very good IMO)

--
Donovan

Linux & Motif

Post by Tim Cai » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>Hi,

>>I've been looking around for Motif development tools
>>(UIL compiler etc) for Linux with little success.

>>Does anyone know of any resources out there, or has
>>Motif died the death in light of Lesstif, Gnome, Kdeetc?

>openmotif.org, it's still alive.

>However, the momentum and the innovation is all taking place within the
>Glib/Gtk/GNOME and Qt/KDE camps. I'd recommend going with one of these
>(both are very good IMO)

I hear what you're saying, but for me it *has* to be Motif.
- Work-related stuff, you understand...

Thanks for the pointer,

Tim.

1. Linux & Motif

Hi folks
        I am sorry if this is a FAQ, I have not been taking this group very
long. I have an interest in writing Motif software with Linux. I know Motif
runs under Linux but can I get the necessary to build a Motif application
under Linux? I guess that I need some Motif development libraries at least.
This lot will be running on a PC. So if some kind soul could let me
know    a) can one develop Motif applications under Motif
        b) if so, where can I get all the necessary

                thanks in advance
                        les

-- les grant    ----------- Tel:   041-886-2201    (+44-41-886-2201) -------
-- for himself        ----- Fax:   041-885-3370    (+44-41-885-3370) -------

2. Help:Problems with CDROM

3. LINUX & MOTIF

4. E280R with Rose Electronics KVM & Switch - key mappings

5. Motif & DDD & Nedit & characters not in font

6. Can you detect when a Splitter is resized in Qt?

7. Motif on Linux & slackware vs Linux FT

8. user programs

10. Motif++ available for linux/Metrolink Motif

11. Check me on use of Linux/XFree86 & Solaris w Motif app