Helping new users

Post by cddeyou » Fri, 20 Jun 1997 04:00:00

The ISP I work for is putting up a Linux server to quell some of the
complaining about the ISP not allowing telnet access to our Sun box
anymore. I have been working to find the hardware and software that we
want to offer our users.
        What I'm interested in doing is writing some menus that a user could
access from telnet. I believe this would greatly increase the chances of
new users trying Linux and finding out how great an operating system it
is. Can anyone help me out with some info on how to set up such menus?
Any help is well appreiciated. Thanks

                        Chris

1. HELP NEW USER NEW TO UNIX EVEN

Ok I am making progress with Linux and from what little I do with it I can tell
I love it.
I am still having trouble mounting my dos portion of my hard drive I try
MOUNT /dev/hda1 /mnt

but that dosen't get it done .

here is my question:

How can I access the files that currently are in my win3.1 and dos partition of
my hard drive.
and
Does anyone use <Hyfax> think thats the name fax for Linux and unix based os ?
thanks
Rich

2. 2.5.72 O(1) interactivity bugfix

3. HELP, New user

4. ipalias kernel 2.021 & apache 1.2+

5. Help: new user

6. Eicon Diva ADSL USB

7. HELP-New User-Infomagic or Red Hat Distribution Disks?

8. ESS Solo1 PCI soundcard under 3.1?

9. linux help new user

10. Help New User Please.....

11. HELP-New User-Infomagic or Red Hat Distribution Disks?

12. Help new user Install prob. "can't find keyboard"

13. help new user with lilo setup