Article: Firewalls vs. the new Firebox Technology - Trends - Linux Product

Article: Firewalls vs. the new Firebox Technology - Trends - Linux Product

Post by Stephen Greenwal » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

A new trend towards simplicity and
cost effectiveness regarding internet
security can be seen in products such as:

Watchguard Firebox (Linux Based)
Cisco Pix
AhbiWeb

An article describing industry security
trends, as well as other valuable
information, can be found at:

http://very.securesystem.com

(note that securesystem is NOT plural
no 's' on the end)

Post by david parso » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>A new trend towards simplicity and
>cost effectiveness regarding internet
>security can be seen in products such as:

>Watchguard Firebox (Linux Based)
>Cisco Pix
>AhbiWeb

>An article describing industry security
>trends, as well as other valuable
>information, can be found at:

>http://very.securesystem.com

   It's a bummer that you're running your webserver on an NT box and
   that your info-grabbing page is written in (what I presume is a)
   visual basic and complains bitterly when I attempt to use Lynx to
   fill out the survey form I need to fill out before I can look at the
   specifications for the firewall.

   I know that marketing doesn't have anything to do with technology
   (shoot, when I developed WebShield for McAfee Associates, I got to
   deal for *18* months with a sales team that BELIEVED! that only
   Microsoft Windows NT was relevant, wouldn't bother to actually
   advertise WebShield (or Virus Scan for Linux), and then whined
   bitterly when they weren't getting the $100 million dollars a year in
   sales that they should have been getting.  Nice company, but very
   stupid) but it doesn't bode well when you have to fill out personal
   details before you're even allowed to look at the technical requirements
   for a network security product.

                 ____
   david parsons \bi/ Unemployed now, thank goodness.
                  \/

1. Article: Firewalls vs. the new Firebox Technology - Trends - Linux Product

A new trend towards simplicity and
cost effectiveness regarding internet
security can be seen in products such as:

Watchguard Firebox (Linux Based)
Cisco Pix
AhbiWeb

An article describing industry security
trends, as well as other valuable
information, can be found at:

http://very.securesystem.com

(note that securesystem is NOT plural
there is no 's' on the end)

2. Routing problem

3. Security Article: Firewalls vs. the new Firebox Technology - Trends - Linux Based

4. Help: SLIP connection!

5. * New HOWTO Article - Making a simple Linux Firewall

6. Redhat install wont boot

7. Objectively: 386bsd vs. Linux vs. commercial products?

8. expect

9. Need performance trending product

10. Web Marketing Management product: Future Trend or Trent or Tent

11. Trend Viruswall vs Linux Emulation

12. Familiar with Linux vs. Trend Chip-Away?

13. Good Linux article in June 98 Computer Technology Review