Linux Magazines.. Giving credit where it is due.

Linux Magazines.. Giving credit where it is due.

Post by Itch » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I just picked up 3 different Linux magazines at Borders today and I
have to say I am pretty impressed with the articles in them.

1. Linux Journal
2. Maximum Linux
3. Linux Magazine (which included Mandrake and Storm Linux CD's)

Very high quality mags with in depth articles that don't seem biased
or anti-Windows at all.

I especially enjoyed the step by step cookbook approach to the How-To
articles like Samba and DHCP.

Very highly recommended reading, even if you are only interested in
learning a little networking like I am.
I had no idea these magazines existed but I intend to buy more in the
future.

This is what Windows magazines used to be, but alas they have become
total crap.

Steve

Post by Craig Kelle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I just picked up 3 different Linux magazines at Borders today and I
> have to say I am pretty impressed with the articles in them.

> 1. Linux Journal
> 2. Maximum Linux
> 3. Linux Magazine (which included Mandrake and Storm Linux CD's)

> Very high quality mags with in depth articles that don't seem biased
> or anti-Windows at all.

> I especially enjoyed the step by step cookbook approach to the How-To
> articles like Samba and DHCP.

> Very highly recommended reading, even if you are only interested in
> learning a little networking like I am.
> I had no idea these magazines existed but I intend to buy more in the
> future.

> This is what Windows magazines used to be, but alas they have become
> total crap.

Isn't Dr. Dobbs still around?

Linux Magazines.. Giving credit where it is due.

Post by John Marshall Furlon » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>> I just picked up 3 different Linux magazines at Borders today
and I
>> have to say I am pretty impressed with the articles in them.

>> 1. Linux Journal
>> 2. Maximum Linux
>> 3. Linux Magazine (which included Mandrake and Storm Linux

CD's)

I got my second issue (the first was over 6 months ago) of
Maximum Linux.  I'm impressed with it, but I wish it was monthly
instead of bi-monthly.

John

ICQ: 2454706   IM: rubik8   YM: aoty

Linux Magazines.. Giving credit where it is due.

Post by Itch » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I believe it is, but that's way over my head in programmer stuff, but
I used to read it way back when to learn Dos interrupts and so forth
during my game cracking days :)

Steve

Post by Dr J A Go » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I just picked up 3 different Linux magazines at Borders today and I
> have to say I am pretty impressed with the articles in them.

As an aside, does anybody know if there are any good Linux magazines
available on the shelves in the UK? I found one once called 'Linux
Answers' at the end of last year, but it appears that only one issue
was produced - after that it disappeared.

        John.

--
 _________________ ______________________________________________________
|                 |                                                      |

| |          \    |                                                      |
|  \__/    \  \   | Tel: (0468) 328787                                   |
|  /  \    /\  |  |                                                      |

|  \__    __ /    |                                                      |
|     ||||        | web:     http://www.*bubble.co.uk                |
|   __||||__      |                                                      |
|  <___||___>     |         ______________________________               |
|_________________|________|THIS IS A MICROSOFT-FREE ZONE!|______________|

Linux Magazines.. Giving credit where it is due.

Post by Davorin Mestri » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

lol.  i guess they discovered the hard way was is kind of obvious.  a market
based on free stuff is not much of a market. :)

> > I just picked up 3 different Linux magazines at Borders today and I
> > have to say I am pretty impressed with the articles in them.

> As an aside, does anybody know if there are any good Linux magazines
> available on the shelves in the UK? I found one once called 'Linux
> Answers' at the end of last year, but it appears that only one issue
> was produced - after that it disappeared.

> John.

1. Give credit where credit is due.

Been screwing around with Google.com for the last 1/2 hour or so.

Am I correct in assuming this site runs on Linux?

It is an extremely, and I mean extremely fast site. Might just be that
it has not been discovered yet, but searches are lightning quick and
pretty accurate.
Good job to whomever is running it.

tek

2. Lexmark Z51 inkjet printer support

3. GNU Taking Credit Where No Credit Is Due

4. .htaccess no longer works when upgrading to apache 2.0

5. I will give MS credit for one thing

6. RH5 FTP-install through firewall?

7. You gotta give Steve credit

8. FS: SOLARIS 7 SERVER, SOLARIS EASY ACCESS 2.0, SOLARIS 2.6 KIT

9. What is correct way to modify GPL header to give me credit?

10. HELP- I am about to give up!!!

11. OK, I am not giving up. SORRY!

12. i aM eLiTe!!!! gIvE mE wArEz D00dZ!!!!!!!!!!

13. I am giving up on olvwm please help with libXpm.so.4!!!