Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Charlie Eber » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 14:24:59

This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has
put up a vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat
BlueCurve destroyed their business model.

It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian,
you get VIM.  What was really the killer however in most
of the Debian community's mind was it is a 3 year old copy
of VIM.

Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

Charlie

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by rapska » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 15:06:38

Error log for Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:24:59 +0000, segfault in module "Charlie
Ebert": dump details are as follows...

Quote:> This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has put up a
> vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat BlueCurve destroyed
> their business model.

> It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian, you get VIM.
>  What was really the killer however in most of the Debian community's
> mind was it is a 3 year old copy of VIM.

> Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

> Charlie

What is the source of this information?  What does VIM have to do with
BlueCurve?  How does what RedHat does effect the Debian Project?

--
rapskat -   9:04am  up 10 days,  9:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.16, 0.10
CPU states:  0.2% user,  0.3% system,  0.4% nice,  0.1% idle

The evolution of the human race will not be accomplished in the ten thousand
years of tame animals, but in the million years of wild animals, because man
is and will always be a wild animal.
-- Charles Galton Darwin

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Aaron Meye » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 15:32:26

> This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has
> put up a vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat
> BlueCurve destroyed their business model.

> It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian,
> you get VIM.  What was really the killer however in most
> of the Debian community's mind was it is a 3 year old copy
> of VIM.

> Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

> Charlie

Huh?
--
Aaron Meyer
RLU#    283393

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Johan Lindquis » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 15:49:02

On tis, 08 okt 2002 at 15:06 GMT, gazing longingly at the horizon,

felt a deep, passionate desire to let the following be known:

Quote:> Error log for Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:24:59 +0000, segfault in module "Charlie
> Ebert": dump details are as follows...
>> Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

> What is the source of this information? What does VIM have to do
> with BlueCurve? How does what RedHat does effect the Debian Project?

I think old charlie has finally snapped for good.

Quote:> --

Your sig is on the fritz.

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.      Perth ---> *
  3:26pm  up 35 days, 16:07, 10 users,  load average: 1.53, 1.46, 1.23

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Dave Leig » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 17:07:53

> This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has
> put up a vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat
> BlueCurve destroyed their business model.

> It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian,
> you get VIM.  What was really the killer however in most
> of the Debian community's mind was it is a 3 year old copy
> of VIM.

> Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

WTF??

--
Dave Leigh, Consulting Systems Analyst
Cratchit.org

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Handover Phis » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 18:06:35

In order to obtain enlightenment,
Charlie Ebert's koan is Debian say's goodbye!

Quote:

> This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has
> put up a vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat
> BlueCurve destroyed their business model.

> It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian,
> you get VIM.  What was really the killer however in most
> of the Debian community's mind was it is a 3 year old copy
> of VIM.

> Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

> Charlie

What the hell are you talking about? This belongs in the Weekly World
News beside the "Elvis and Lady Di caught in the act" articles.

--
Fri Sep  6 01:08:43 ~># fortune
The only really decent thing to do behind a person's back is pat it.

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Rick » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:46:50

> This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has
> put up a vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat
> BlueCurve destroyed their business model.

> It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian,
> you get VIM.  What was really the killer however in most
> of the Debian community's mind was it is a 3 year old copy
> of VIM.

> Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

> Charlie

Um... you DO know some schlep is going to believe you and start all
sorts of BD threads...

--
Rick

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by D. C. Session » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:00:09

Ccharlie, that was supposed to be posted a week ago.

--
|      In the course of every project there comes a time        |
|         when the best de* is a can of gasoline.          |

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Charlie Eber » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:01:54

> Error log for Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:24:59 +0000, segfault in module "Charlie
> Ebert": dump details are as follows...

> > This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has put up a
> > vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat BlueCurve destroyed
> > their business model.

> > It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian, you get VIM.
> >  What was really the killer however in most of the Debian community's
> > mind was it is a 3 year old copy of VIM.

> > Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

> > Charlie

> What is the source of this information?  What does VIM have to do with
> BlueCurve?  How does what RedHat does effect the Debian Project?

And I'll add to that!  What does BlueCurve have to do with anything!

That's my whole point...  HI.

> --
> rapskat -   9:04am  up 10 days,  9:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.16, 0.10
> 117 processes: 112 sleeping, 4 running, 1 zombie, 0 stopped
> CPU states:  0.2% user,  0.3% system,  0.4% nice,  0.1% idle

> The evolution of the human race will not be accomplished in the ten thousand
> years of tame animals, but in the million years of wild animals, because man
> is and will always be a wild animal.
> -- Charles Galton Darwin

Charlie

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Charlie Eber » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:03:00

Quote:> Ccharlie, that was supposed to be posted a week ago.

> --
> |      In the course of every project there comes a time        |
> |         when the best de* is a can of gasoline.          |

Got to let it ferment a little.

Charlie

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by TuxTr » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 04:23:04

Quote:> Ccharlie, that was supposed to be posted a week ago.

I believe charlie was employing a bit of humor, and was not actually
expecting to be taken seriously.

cheers,

Mathew

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Charlie Eber » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 04:31:13

> > Ccharlie, that was supposed to be posted a week ago.

> I believe charlie was employing a bit of humor, and was not actually
> expecting to be taken seriously.

> cheers,

> Mathew

My press liason.  I took him in when his daddy died.

Charlie

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Jim Lasco » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 06:24:58

> This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has
> put up a vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat
> BlueCurve destroyed their business model.

> It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian,
> you get VIM.  What was really the killer however in most
> of the Debian community's mind was it is a 3 year old copy
> of VIM.

> Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

> Charlie

I DONT think this is the "REAL" charlie
Jim

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Charlie Eber » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 06:37:30

> > This shocking news just in, the Debian development team has
> > put up a vote to disband after it was discovered that RedHat
> > BlueCurve destroyed their business model.

> > It seems when you click on the word processor under Debian,
> > you get VIM.  What was really the killer however in most
> > of the Debian community's mind was it is a 3 year old copy
> > of VIM.

> > Stay tuned for further details on this catastrophic disaster.

> > Charlie

> I DONT think this is the "REAL" charlie
> Jim

Yes it was.

I'm hoping to get picked up by Saturday night Live.

Charlie

Debian say's goodbye!

Post by Donn Mille » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:17:13

> I think old charlie has finally snapped for good.

I thought that happened a few years ago? ;-)