Knews Is Cool

Post by RHS Linux Us » Mon, 03 Nov 1997 04:00:00

You know - - once I got over the fact that there's not going to be anything quite like the Agent newsreader for Linux folks, I got down to the business of finding a newsreader that I *could* be happy with. I think Knews is going to be it.

I have to say that there is something refreshing about such a cleanly designed, single-purpose program as Knews. The buttons are big and the labels are easy to read. The threading graphics, likewise, are easy to read and it's no problem deciphering who's saying what to whom.

I've learned how to work with the program to make startup much faster, and I like the Unix functions, such as grep, that are built in.

Nice bit of work - - and you sure can't beat the price!

--

   "There's a lot to learn from wasting time."  - Mr. Neil Young

Knews Is Cool

Post by Greg Retkowsk » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> You know - - once I got over the fact that there's not going to be anything quite like the Agent newsreader for Linux folks, I got down to the business of finding a newsreader that I *could* be happy with. I think Knews is going to be it.

> I have to say that there is something refreshing about such a cleanly designed, single-purpose program as Knews. The buttons are big and the labels are easy to read. The threading graphics, likewise, are easy to read and it's no problem deciphering who's saying what to whom.

> I've learned how to work with the program to make startup much faster, and I like the Unix functions, such as grep, that are built in.

> Nice bit of work - - and you sure can't beat the price!

Too bad the word wrap doesnt work yet! ;)

-- Greg

Knews Is Cool

Post by Frank C. Ea » Wed, 05 Nov 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 03 Nov 1997 15:12:57 -0800, Greg Retkowski

>Too bad the word wrap doesnt work yet! ;)

I doubt that he was using knews to post with (or if he was, he was
using an external editor that doesn't wordwrap- I change that
posthaste on any knews install.)

--
Frank C. Earl
Earl Consulting Services

1. Where is knews (Knews.ad)

I just installed the (redhat) knews rpm from the smurphy site.
I'm using it now and so far I'm pleased.  However the man page
refers to a sample Knews.ad X resources file that didn't come
with the rpm.

Will any of you point me to an ftp source, or perhaps mail me a
copy to get me started?

I tried archie but only come up with Debian sites and .deb files.
I hardly understand rpm's so I really don't want to jump into
.deb's.

BTW, what's with Debian?  Not to be critical, but a directory
structure "/debian/debian/debian..." fifteen levels deep strikes
me as a bit unusual.

Thank you for your attention.

Brad

2. Kali server for linux???

3. Breakthrough Server Reintegration App

5. NIC working properly

6. default gateway setting on TurboLinux

8. Am I touchy? Or am I right?