looking for GPL/OSS logo

Post by Steven Fei » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:19:13

I'm developing a web page for my project that I am releasing under the
GPL license. I'm looking a small rectangular logo for the bottom of
the page that says something like "Made with GPL software","Made with
open source software","Powered by GPL","Powered by Open Source", "If
you love your software set it free" or something like that.

 Steven Feil               | Gram-pa, back at the turn of the      .~.
 Programmer/Developer      | century, why did people use an        /V\

                           | allowed to see the source code?      (X_X)

looking for GPL/OSS logo

Post by Matthew Gardine » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:32:13

> I'm developing a web page for my project that I am releasing under the
> GPL license. I'm looking a small rectangular logo for the bottom of
> the page that says something like "Made with GPL software","Made with
> open source software","Powered by GPL","Powered by Open Source", "If
> you love your software set it free" or something like that.

>  Steven Feil               | Gram-pa, back at the turn of the      .~.
>  Programmer/Developer      | century, why did people use an        /V\

>                            | allowed to see the source code?      (X_X)

Unfortunately there hasn't been one yet that I know of. I know that the server
software, such as mySQL and Apache have them, however, I am not too sure the likes of
gcc etc etc have them.

Matthew Gardiner

--
I am the blue screen of death
no body can hear your screams

looking for GPL/OSS logo

Post by Steven Fei » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 04:38:37

> > I'm developing a web page for my project that I am releasing under
> > the GPL license. I'm looking a small rectangular logo for the
> > bottom of the page that says something like "Made with GPL
> > software","Made with open source software","Powered by
> > GPL","Powered by Open Source", "If you love your software set it
> > free" or something like that.

> I've quite a novel idea!  Go to:

> http://www.gnu.org/search.html

> And search on the term 'logo'.

> Amazing, no? The Internet, perhaps since you're writing a project
> involving technology you may want to look into it. (=:

For your information I did search the sites http://www.opensource.org
and http://www.gnu.org. During this search I found that opensource.org
had no logos on there sight other than their title. The gnu sight did
have logs, however I did not find any of there logos appropriate for
my page. All of there logos were for the FSF itself, to put a GNU head
on my web-page would be to imply that may project was a FSF
project. It is not, I used FSF software to produce it and I used there
license but, my software is not a FSF project. I would like a simple
logo that promotes open source licenses. I'll probable try and make my
own, but since I am not a graphic artist type person it will probably
suck!

 Steven Feil               | Gram-pa, back at the turn of the      .~.
 Programmer/Developer      | century, why did people use an        /V\

                           | allowed to see the source code?      (X_X)

1. Logos of OSS software?

Hi group

         I want to put in my web site some banners or logos of OSS
appl. I have found banners/logos for Debian,KDE. Where can I find a
banner/logo for KWrite?
         What other great OSS software (with banners/logos) do you
recommand?

Regards,
Razvan M

2. Dynamic DNS not working with Solaris DHCP/DNS server and win clients

3. Richard Stallman, the GPL, the politics and ethics of OSS/FSS

4. Can make multiboot on Solaris 7 with NT ?

5. xlockmore-logos gives you LinuX logos with xlock

6. Xaw3d and ldconfig problem.

7. Looking for that ASCII LOGO...

8. Really _big_ fs backup

9. Looking for Tux logo

10. Looking for color version of Slackware labels logo

11. Looking for logo creator...

12. Looking for Linux POVray logo designer

13. Looking for big, nice Linux-related logos