Please forgive the interruption. I really enjoy the group and thought I
would offer the ng posters here a chance at some work.
I hang out in this group from time to time and really enjoy it. I
really like some of the folks in here. I also run an IT company in the
United States that is often hiring IT folks. At the moment we have an
immediate *potential* opening for a web designer. If any of you fine
folks have skills in this area, please feel free to apply.
1. Either reply to this post on c.o.l.a. Reply with something I can
contact you with: an Internet site with contact info, an email address
(can be munged intelligently), phone #, or something
2. My reply address in this Usenet post is *fake*, for a variety of
reasons, which I do not need to elaborate. If you reply to the
newsgroup post, the post will bounce. The reply address *in the text*
at the bottom of the post, is *good*. Understand?
3. My real email addy is *real*; I have a real company, with a business
license, d.b.a., clients, the works. I pay my employees and can provide
references to that.
4. I will check back to the newsgroup post to see who replied and then
possibly contact you.
5. Rate of pay: $25 US per hour.
6. Method of payment: business check.
1. Unfortunately, you are going to have to find a way to use I.E. for at
least part of the job, since you have to test the site in that browser.
2. Please be *reliable*. I have already let one person go for the lack
of this and it is about to be two. Things here often happen under a
tight timeline. When I say I want you to call me back within 24 hours,
I mean it. When you say you will call me back later today, do it. Real
simple, you know? Often small jobs (up to four hours) have to be
finished within, say, one or two days. If you cannot do it within the
time frame, tell me. Do *not* tell me you can get it done in 48 hours
and then not come through.
3. Please have a good understanding of web design and HTML. Wannabes
and beginners will not cut it.
4. All sites must be designed, in general, to standards. No
There are a couple of potential jobs right now.
1. A frames site may need to be redesigned to eliminate the frames while
possibly retaining some of the frames benefits.
2. Another client requests a complete site redesign. His site does not
look bad at the moment. Estimated work: 30-35 hours.
3. Straight HTML. There will be no need to for Java, Flash, cgi,
My contact info:
rhl44 (a with a circle around it)