OT: Looking for a webdesigner

Post by IT Consultin » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:57:01

Please forgive the interruption.  I really enjoy the group and thought I
would offer the ng posters here a chance at some work.

I hang out in this group from time to time and really enjoy it.  I
really like some of the folks in here.  I also run an IT company in the
United States that is often hiring IT folks.  At the moment we have an
immediate *potential* opening for a web designer.  If any of you fine
folks have skills in this area, please feel free to apply.

To apply:

1.  Either reply to this post on c.o.l.a.  Reply with something I can
contact you with: an Internet site with contact info, an email address
(can be munged intelligently), phone #, or something
2. My reply address in this Usenet post is *fake*, for a variety of
reasons, which I do not need to elaborate.  If you reply to the
newsgroup post, the post will bounce.  The reply address *in the text*
at the bottom of the post, is *good*.  Understand?
3. My real email addy is *real*; I have a real company, with a business
license, d.b.a., clients, the works.  I pay my employees and can provide
references to that.
4. I will check back to the newsgroup post to see who replied and then
possibly contact you.
5. Rate of pay: $25 US per hour.
6. Method of payment: business check.

Requirements:

1. Unfortunately, you are going to have to find a way to use I.E. for at
least part of the job, since you have to test the site in that browser.
2. Please be *reliable*.  I have already let one person go for the lack
of this and it is about to be two.  Things here often happen under a
tight timeline.  When I say I want you to call me back within 24 hours,
I mean it.  When you say you will call me back later today, do it.  Real
simple, you know?  Often small jobs (up to four hours) have to be
finished within, say, one or two days.  If you cannot do it within the
time frame, tell me.  Do *not* tell me you can get it done in 48 hours
and then not come through.
3.  Please have a good understanding of web design and HTML.  Wannabes
and beginners will not cut it.
4.  All sites must be designed, in general, to standards.  No
proprietary code.

Jobs:

There are a couple of potential jobs right now.

1. A frames site may need to be redesigned to eliminate the frames while
possibly retaining some of the frames benefits.
2. Another client requests a complete site redesign.  His site does not
look bad at the moment.  Estimated work: 30-35 hours.
3. Straight HTML.  There will be no need to for Java, Flash, cgi,
database programming or Javascript at the moment and we have not yet
used CSS.

My contact info:
rhl44 (a with a circle around it)
windows-sucks (period)
com

Got it?

OT: Looking for a webdesigner

Post by Ian Pege » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:57:42

For it was written by IT Consulting:

<SNIP>

Quote:> My contact info:
> rhl44 (a with a circle around it)
> windows-sucks (period)
> com

> Got it?

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.i2net.com. I'm afraid I wasn't
able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a
permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

Ian - looking through a glass onion

http://www.grantwebdesign.net

Post by Erik Funkenbusc » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 00:58:57

> For it was written by IT Consulting:

> <SNIP>

> > My contact info:
> > rhl44 (a with a circle around it)
> > windows-sucks (period)
> > com

> > Got it?

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.i2net.com. I'm afraid I wasn't
> able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a
> permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

That's either an l (lowecase L) or an I (uppercase i) not a 1.  Probably L.

Post by yt.. » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:50:43

> For it was written by IT Consulting:
> <SNIP>
>> My contact info:
>> rhl44 (a with a circle around it)
>> windows-sucks (period)
>> com

>> Got it?
> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.i2net.com. I'm afraid I wasn't
> able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a
> permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

Thats not a 1, thats an l.

-----.

--
"Hell, rocket science isn't even rocket science"
--A NASA rocket scientist, undernet, circa 1996

Post by IT Consultin » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 06:31:43

> For it was written by IT Consulting:

> <SNIP>

> > My contact info:
> > rhl44 (a with a circle around it)
> > windows-sucks (period)
> > com

> > Got it?

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.i2net.com. I'm afraid I wasn't
> able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a
> permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

Careful now, I am trying to keep that box spam-free.

Thank you Ian.  You wrote it with a "1" instead of an "l".  If you would like
to try again or tell give me some contact info here I will at least write
your name down.  Position has been temporarily filled but I get new positions
all the time.  I am particularly looking for someone with artistic talent.
The guy I just hired knows HTML, knows the basics, has designed webpages but
I'm afraid does not have much artistic talent.  If you have good basic
knowledge plus artistic talent, I would like to at least get your name down
for the future.

Actually, I think I will be contacting you privately by mail.

Post by IT Consultin » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 06:41:37

> http://www.grantwebdesign.net

Position filled.  They go very fast.  I have taken down your contact
info and will be contacting you shortly.  You have an impressive-looking
website.  Thx for applying.

Post by Ian Pege » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:36:14

For it was written by IT Consulting:

>> For it was written by IT Consulting:

>> <SNIP>

>> > My contact info:
>> > rhl44 (a with a circle around it)
>> > windows-sucks (period)
>> > com

>> > Got it?

>> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.i2net.com. I'm afraid I
>> wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is
>> a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

>> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

> Careful now, I am trying to keep that box spam-free.

> Thank you Ian.  You wrote it with a "1" instead of an "l".  If you would

Mea culpa!

Quote:> Actually, I think I will be contacting you privately by mail.

Thanks.

--

Ian - looking through a glass onion

1. Netzwerk- und Datenbankspezialisten, B├╝rokr?fte und WebDesigner gesucht.

Guten Tag und herzlich willkommen,

als neu zu grndendes Unternehmen mit einem bundesweit agierenden Partner
schreiben wir fr unser Bro in K?ln folgende Stellen aus:

1. Netzwerkadministrator in Festanstellung

Aufgabenbereich:

Aufbau und Pflege eines Intranets unter Win95, Win NT (und Mac)

Aufbau und Pflege mehrerer Webserver mit 2MBit-Anbindung ans Internet unter
UNIX

Domainenverwaltung etc.

2. Datenbankspezialist in Festanstellung

Aufgabenbereich:

Aufbau, Erweiterung und Pflege  internetangebundener Datenbanken auf unseren
Servern unter UNIX
Verknpfung dieser Datenbanken mit internen Anwendungen

3. Brokraft fr Telefon, Schriftwesen und Empfang in Festanstellung

4. Freie Mitarbeiter fr WebDesign, Grafikerstellung und Dateneingabe

Interessierte Bewerber an einer Festanstellung senden Ihre Unterlagen bitte
postialisch an:

Robert Emmerich

Oscar-Wilde-Str. 9
50858 K?ln

Fr eine freie Mitarbeit senden Sie Ihre pers?nlichen Daten mit
Referenzangaben bitte an:

Fr telefonische Anfragen stehen wir Ihnen unter:

02234 / 700 788

zur Verfgung.

2. Install Linux using bootp?

3. OT: Jensen SCSI adapter looking for a new home...

4. install program

5. OT: Looking for image file format that can handle 16b its per channel

6. how to grant access for SMTP

7. OT: Looking for a Windows library that emulates UNIX socket functions

8. unix script --- help ....

9. Old OT and not so OT news

10. OT Security Question OT

11. Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications

12. vpn - not sure if its what Im looking for - looking for advice

13. Utter newbie end-user looking for where to look