Can Linux Support PCMIA

Post by Christopher Fardel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can Corel Linux support the PCMIA ports on a Pioneer Notebook?
If if can would it support an ethernet card inserted in that port?

Can Linux Support PCMIA

Post by Brian Langenberge » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

: Can Corel Linux support the PCMIA ports on a Pioneer Notebook?

PCMCIA slots are supported at the kernel level, so hopefully
Corel was smart enough to include them as a kernel module.  If not,
RedHat undoubtedly supports PCMCIA out of the box.

: If if can would it support an ethernet card inserted in that port?

Almost certainly.  Check:

http://pcmcia.sourceforge.org/

for the full list of supported PCMCIA cards.  The list of ethernet
cards is about 5 pages long, so yours is probably on it.

Can Linux Support PCMIA

Post by Mike » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Can Corel Linux support the PCMIA ports on a Pioneer Notebook?
> If if can would it support an ethernet card inserted in that port?

I'm running Mandrake 7.0 on my CTX 700e EzBook laptop, and it supports
my Intel 10/100 Ethernet/Modem PCMCIA card just fine.  I haven't played
too much with Corel, so I couldn't tell you on that one.

--
Since-beer-leekz,
Mikey

Can Linux Support PCMIA

Post by Tim Palme » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Can Corel Linux support the PCMIA ports on a Pioneer Notebook?
>If if can would it support an ethernet card inserted in that port?

No you hafe to have Window's.

1. Linux Support for Megahertz PCMIA Modems?

I'm trying to load Linux on a Toshiba laptop with a 14.4 Megahertz PCMIA modem.

For some reason it does not appear to find the modem, and I've been unable
to dial in or out :-(

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Keith Jung

2. Gnu is Not Unix

3. Adaptec APA-1450 PCMIA SlimSCSI supported?

4. Installing RedHat from CD on Personal Workstation

5. PCMIA support? (fwd)

6. Hooking up two computers, SuSE & Win XP

7. PCMIA support?

8. problem installing 'soccerserver'

9. Linux Driver for PCMIA Modem

10. How does Linux handle pcmia memory upgrades?

11. It's not bad canned meat...