Your Grace Period!

Post by Charlie Ebe » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:30:32

Another wonderful reason to say goodbye to Microsoft
products and say hello to an all Linux office place.

--

Charlie

Your Grace Period!

Post by Trollin » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:41:32

| http://www.veryComputer.com/
|

| Another wonderful reason to say goodbye to Microsoft
| products and say hello to an all Linux office place.
|
| --
|
| Charlie

Well it is not so much that closed-source for-profit software should never
be used .. it's just that you should think about the wheres hows and whys of
it and the influence it will have.

Generally it is administred without thought (on the part of the user etc. )
to everyone who buys an Apple Computer or a PC with a pre-installed
operating system.

Perhaps this should be the way of it: Maybe by the installation of an OS
should be distinct from the purchasing of a PC. Maybe sellers need to be
have to inform the consumer that there is choice, just like food companies
need to inform comsumers of ingredients or other companies need to inform
consumers of dangers and so on.

Then some people will make choices that they might not otherwise have known
were available to them.

Imagine:

Well it's great that you have bought the PC. We can now install an operating
system for you:

$35.00 installation fee for a Linux operating system
$45.00 for a FreeBSD ( so tough to configure the little * )
$35.00 installation fee + $199.00 licence fee for Windows

What do you think might happen then?

Trolling

Your Grace Period!

Post by Paolo Ciambott » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:22:10

> http://slashdot.org/articles/02/01/15/073257.shtml

> Another wonderful reason to say goodbye to Microsoft products and say
> hello to an all Linux office place.

Charlie, what the hell are you doing out of my killfile?  Oh, I think I
know... upgraded to Pan 0.11.1 recently.  What the heck, welcome back.
And have a beer on me since you're here....

--
Redmond is the Detroit of the new millenium.

Your Grace Period!

Post by Charlie Eber » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:23:58

>> http://slashdot.org/articles/02/01/15/073257.shtml

>> Another wonderful reason to say goodbye to Microsoft products and say
>> hello to an all Linux office place.

> Charlie, what the hell are you doing out of my killfile?  Oh, I think I
> know... upgraded to Pan 0.11.1 recently.  What the heck, welcome back.
> And have a beer on me since you're here....

We just got back from a steak house and I've had my steak
and my beer too!

Charlie